unlock rogers magicSupport

Last Updated:

1. samuelmaskell

samuelmaskell Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Does anyone know how to unlock the rogers magic? I am going to Europe next week and would really like to be able to use a travel SIM. If any one has, how easy is it? How risky is it?

Thank you,
    Samuel Maskell

Advertisement
  2. ltamake

ltamake Member

3. samuelmaskell

yeah, see.. rogers doesn't give out unlock codes. ever. I guess that probably means that it's impossible but I know many people have unlocked Iphones even though AT&T doesn't give out unlock codes.
  4. badabing

badabing Well-Known Member

Bought one on eBay for $5.55 this week. You send your IMEI and they send you the unlock code few hours after...

Put your non-rogers SIM, it'll ask for this code and voila !!

Soooo easy but YOU need a non-rogers SIM to be asked for the unlock code.
  5. samuelmaskell

oh really? I've always been a little hesitant about those sites.. how do they do it? well anyway, could you send me the link to the one you used? I'd feel much better about using one that I know has worked for others, especially if it's only five bucks.

Thanks a lot,
    Sam
  6. jeremy1216

jeremy1216 Member

Yours is a great deal. I paid $20 for my magic :mad:
  7. badabing

badabing Well-Known Member

So cheap that I unlocked even if I dont need it atm...

Here is the link for the ebay auction I won - UNLOCK CODE For Rogers HTC Dream Magic Touch Diamond on eBay.ca (item 320390633401 end time 27-Jul-09 22:54:54 EDT) and BTW, this auction is still going on so you can grab it right now.

Seller is oemdan775
  8. kite12

kite12 Member

I have used the link above to purchase the unlock code for my HTC Magic (from Rogers). However, the code didn
  9. kite12

kite12 Member

Hello Davec,

It seems that some specific networks has changed the unlock codes after they receive phones from HTC and therefore it will not work with current algorithm you're using to generate these unlock numbers.

My carrier is Rogers from Canada.
  10. MoreYummy

MoreYummy Well-Known Member

you sure it wont work on roger magic?