unlock screen bug?Support

Last Updated:

1. mik0r

mik0r Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is anyone having issues with the pattern unlock screen?

I will randomly try to put my pattern into the phone and it will highlight the first button i touch and say wrong pattern, even though my finger made solid contact with the screen without lifting it while inputing the 4 dot pattern.

Sometimes it will even do a rapid 4 wrong pattern inputs when sliding your finger across the 4 dots. As if the phone thought I was tapping each of the 4 dots in my pattern. Ive found that when it does this, you have to turn the screen off, and back on, then wait 10 seconds before trying to input pattern again for it to actually recognize the sliding motion.

Advertisement
  2. ctc

ctc Well-Known Member

Are you holding the phone when this happens or is it resting on something? Sounds like it could be the screen grounding issue...

3. mik0r

I am holding the phone when it does it. I use a silicone case if that makes a difference.

4. ctc

ctc Well-Known Member

Hmmmm well that rules out the grounding issue. I have used 2 different silicone cases and haven't had that problem. It is intermittent? Can you reproduce it for someone in store? It seems like an issue with your phone and not a bug.

5. mik0r

It's fairly intermittant, but happens a few times a day. I'm actually having a lot of other issues with the phone so I want to get it exchanged but verizon stores are backordered till July so I cant get it replaced.

6. ctc

ctc Well-Known Member

Well make sure they order you one before your 30 days are up...

7. mik0r

I think my 30 days already passed.. I got my incredible the day they were first released, :|

8. ctc

ctc Well-Known Member

You should be good. I wasn't thinking clearly on my last post. You have 1 year warranty....