unlock screen slide left to take a pictureSupport

Last Updated: 2011-12-23 19:28:22
  1. InGearX

InGearX Well-Known Member

my friend has the new Motorola Razr

and her unlock screen gives an option to slide right (like we all have to unlock) and slide right - NEW - to activate a camera

[​IMG]

what gives?

how can I get that?

thank you...

Advertisement
  2. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy VIP Member

3. Knitewulf

Knitewulf Well-Known Member

The lockscreen changing apps are amazing, they just use so much damn battery.

I used Magiclocker and it was using the same battery from occasionally unlocking the phone every so often as my phone did listening to music the whole day. I would love to be able to use them it just isn't worth it.
  4. Omar Days

Omar Days Well-Known Member

yep, widget locker is for you.

on mine i've got the ics lockscreen. swipe right to unlock, left for messages, up to toggle silent, vibrate and normal profiles, and down for the dialer.

it's great. can set any application etc
  5. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

I'm hoping that a future update to the D3 will have this added to the lockscreen. The Razr, Bionic and D3 are similar enough...
  6. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

On widgetlocker, you can do almost anything. :)
  7. sohguanh

sohguanh Well-Known Member

As I have predicted earlier, ICS come out with more new "generic-nature" apps that will make most current "generic-nature" third party apps redundant.
  8. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

The Razr does not ship with ICS. For the record that's normal Motoblur slider.
  9. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer Moderator

I wonder if the rumor I heard a while back that Google is going to force the phone manufacturers to stop adding their skins to the platform, is true or not. I'm a firm beleiver of 1/2 of what you see, nothing of what you hear, just haven't heard anything since then.
    I think it'd suck to remove motoblur and sense from the platform, they add variety.
  10. redsox985

redsox985 Well-Known Member

We could probably get this once Hash smooths over ICS. I had it up and running a bit tonight and it is slick. But with no hard B key or a camera as well as a few other things, I'm sticking with Liberty. Which, as I type in a stream of consciousness, Liberty ROM allows you to change the stock lock screen and I believe you can do apps and what not on it. I'd suggest Liberty as the different lock screens aren't additional apps, but just the system.
  11. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

I agree. I always thought the 'fragmentation' argument against Android was bogus. Dreamed up by marketers who were looking to scare potential buyers away from one platform and direct them to one where everything is the same ... all the time. So much for thinking different ;)

The only thing I'd like to see Google (or the FCC, FTC, etc) do is to pressure carriers into making their apps uninstallable by the user without needing root. Personally I'm not crazy about Blur, Sense, TouchWiz etc. which is why I put ADW EX on every phone right away.
  12. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy VIP Member

As it should. Android should be as complete as it can possibly be without the need of Third party applications/skins/launchers. Will it ever get to that point? Doubtful, but Google should still try.

I think Sense, Blur, Touchwiz, whatever should be optional. If you want vanilla Android, you should be able to get it.
    Crashdamage likes this.
  13. Crashdamage

Crashdamage Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more!
  14. Luzce

Luzce Active Member

I use Liberty ROM as well and have the 4TAB lockscreen. Each tab you slide out has a different function.

1. Normal unlock.
    2. Unlock to the dialer.
    3. Toggle ring/vibrate.
    4. Unlock to an app of your choosing.