• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unlock security pattern required to Answer Calls and Hang Up

awwwyeah206

Dec 28, 2009
Hi there,
Probably every 5th phone call I receive or make my screen will remain in a locked state and I have to enter the security pattern to access the Call menu to Answer or Hang up the phone. For example, phone rings, screen wakes up but pattern is required, enter pattern, then I can access the Slide Answer. While on the call proximity will disable the screen, when I pull the phone away from my face the screen doesn't wake. I have to hit the power button to wake, then I get the security pattern, then I see the In Call menu where I can End the call.
When this occurs frequently I hard reset the phone by pulling the battery and usually that makes the odd behavior go away for a little while.

Saw another thread mentioning this but not much activity. If anyone knows a solution please let me know.

1.) Model Number ? Droid
2.) Firmware Version ? 2.0.1
3.) Baseband Version ? C_01.3E.01P
4.) Kernel Version ? 2.6.29-omap1-g0dd7e0b android-build@apa26 #511
5.) Build Number ? ESD56

thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones