Unlock Your Vibrant. Fast and Easy.Tips

Last Updated:

1. SamsungVibrant

SamsungVibrant Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

To unlock your Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant to use a non T-Mobile sim card, the safest method is contacting T-mobile directly, and asking for a free unlock code. They may require that you be a customer for 40 days prior to giving you the unlock code for your phone. Generally, within 14 days, T-mobile will email you with your unlock code along with instructions.
    http://support.t-mobile.com/doc/tm51885.xml visit that link!

There is another method, it may or may not work, you can go to Android Market and search for a program named "Samsung Galaxy S Unlock Tool" by DaGentooBoy. It is very fast, just install, run, and it displays and even emails you the code.

for further information and using your code visit
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=7776555#post7776555
    Enjoy

If the second method worked for you, please post your results here, and consider donating to the developers.

edit:
    thanks to wildblue who says the wait is now 40 days, not 90.

Advertisement
  2. wildblue

wildblue Well-Known Member

FYI, it's now just a 40 day wait with TMO.

3. SamsungVibrant

SamsungVibrant Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

no way, thats even better

4. darksandz93

darksandz93 Well-Known Member

Just a quick question, can you still send the phone in for warranty purposes with the unlock from the unlock tool?

5. w_bovine

w_bovine Well-Known Member

Not a problem, given that after a certain amount of time you can ask T-Mobile directly for an unlock code. I seem to remember seeing somewhere that the waiting period to get an unlock code from the carrier is 40 days. Now if it's rooted or has a custom ROM, that's a completely different matter.

6. wildblue

FYI, my 40 days was up on Wednesday. Yesterday I contacted TMO support and requested my unlock code. This morning I received the code in an email. So, confirming the 40 day rule, and also quick turnaround on getting the code.

7. robo21

robo21 Well-Known Member

Just curious, are you planning on using the Vibrant on another network or did you just want it unlocked?

8. wildblue

Traveling to Europe and want to use a local SIM over there. Unfortunately I can't test it until I'm there since you have to put in the other SIM before entering the unlock code. Hopefully it will work fine since I got it from TMO. :)

9. Aiyan

Aiyan Well-Known Member

It works like a charm. My friend's gf got a Vibrant, where she both us here Canadian carrier and Norwegian sim card on. So that shouldn't be the biggest problem, just place it the right way. :p