unlockGeneral

1. Ezekiel666

Ezekiel666 Member

Hello im planning on buying a note 3 tomorrow from a friend and he is on at&t. Will i be able to get this phone unlocked right away to use on another carrier? Im going to be using one of his upgrades on his family plan..thanks

Advertisement
  2. KOLIO

KOLIO NOTEoriously XPOSED Guide

If the AT&T account is in good standing/& or the phone is paid for in-full,perhaps you can get an unlock code.

If I were you,I'd do a little legwork before completing the transaction, including getting the serial number of the device & contacting AT&T regarding unlocking the device.

Otherwise,you risk buying a phone that won't work.

Just GOOGLE "AT&T UNLOCKING POLICY" & click on the 1st &/or 2nd link for more detailed information.
    scary alien, Mikestony and dustwun77 like this.
  3. Limeybstd

Limeybstd Well-Known Member

Other option, get your friend to reduce price by 30 bucks and get it unlocked via cellunlocker.net
  4. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ± Moderator

Also review this from Cellunlocker.net - #1 Unlock Codes for Network Cell Phone Unlocking

Now I'm not a total expert on unlocking devices, but as KOLIO stated, do your research, talk with your provider:)

As for talk about unlocking here, lets be cool and not try to circumvent any legality for it.
    I'm not saying we already are, just posting the disclaimer:)
    dustwun77, ocnbrze and scary alien like this.