• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unlocked 3G/4G phones list for AT&T....

colnago

Android Expert
Nov 17, 2009
I just wanted to start a thread for people looking for a bit more variety than AT&T's official selection, especially given that that some phones are not advertised as working on AT&T's UMTS/HSPA bands. Also, by going unlocked, while the cost of the phone is steeper up front, these phones are eligible for the less expensive MediaNet data plans ($10/$15 per mo.).

To start it off:

- T-Mobile Motorloa Defy (possibly only on 850 band, 3G works for me)
- Samsung Galaxy Note
- Motorola Milestone(s) (North American versions; GSM variant of Droid)
- Motorola Electrify (unlocked variant of Sprint's Proton)
- T-Mobile HTC Amaze? (850 band listed on T-Mobile website)
- Motorola RAZR (xt910 GSM version http://welectronics.com/gsm/Motorola/Motorola_DROID-RAZR2.HTML )
- T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus (looks to have 1900 band listed on box, 3G works for me)

Feel free to add if you know of any others.

I wish more people would contribute to this. I don't want to buy a phone officially through AT&T at subsidized prices for 2 reasons, one invariably AT&T ends up crippling the phone one way or another and two, as you have mentioned, MediaNet. Symbian phones fit my bill, and I have an e72 right now but I would like an android phone that runs on AT&T's 3.5g network ! Preferably one where I can get a clean Android experience as opposed to the one AT&T wants me to have ..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones