Unlocked ATT SGH-I777 now w/ T-MobileGeneral

1. Bruinjedi

Bruinjedi New Member

Which ROOT guide do I follow if I have this type of phone? The original ATT Samsung SGH-I777 GS2 guide?

Advertisement
  2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

If the phone model is i777 then you root according to the AT&T guide. If you flash a rom, you may need to manually set the APN settings for t-mobile, but otherwise you just insert your sim. BTW, you do know that this model is not entirely compatible with T-Mobile's network? You'll never get 3G/4G because it operates at a different frequency. You'll only get 2/G EDGE data speeds.
  3. kerchew

kerchew New Member

untrue. i currently have unlocked sgh-i777 on tmobile and recieve 4g speeds in some areas. i think maybe a radio flash to tmobile will assist in better signal quality. ive heard only skyrocket will support, maybe there is a skyrocket version? i may try one of these radios and get back on better 4g coverage or not.
    going to update to 4.1.2 first though
  4. kerchew

kerchew New Member

5. kerchew

kerchew New Member

6. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

It was true, but T-Mobile has begun supporting standard international frequency bands, so not you can get the higher speeds.
  7. kerchew

kerchew New Member

Ah I see. Maybe a radio flash will help with the newer international frequencies?