Unlocked Behold 2 on AT&T Questions

Last Updated:

1. CrisKenyon

CrisKenyon Member This Topic's Starter

First of all....let me start by saying I am completely new to Android. I have no idea what 'root' or 'odin' or 'rom' truly means. My last phone was a Nokia 6650. I recently received an unlocked Behold 2 as a gift from a friend and I am now using it on AT&T. I had a few questions I hope to have answered. Thank you.

1. I notice frequently on the lock screen that the phone is on the T-Mobile network instead of AT&T. Is this considered roaming? Or do I have free reign on whichever network i choose (because the phone is unlocked)?

2. Since I am on AT&T...will I receive an OTA update if/when it comes out?

3. If I can't get the OTA update...Is there a way to update manually without rooting the phone?

4. If I have tech problems, should I call AT&T, T-Mobile or Samsung?

5. Is there a way to access AT&T 3G or just the EDGE network?

6. If I am on the T-Mobile network...will their 3G coverage work?

I appreciate any and all answers. If you have any other tips please say them. Thank you.

Advertisement
  2. psz

psz Well-Known Member

In the phone's Settings, under Wireless Settings there should be an option called Mobile Networks.

In there you can set your data network (It's probably still set to T-Mo by default).

There's also an option called "Data Roaming" which, as the name implies, allows you to access other networks' data. Pretty sure you get charged roaming fees for that.

Once you've set the phone to use AT&T you should be able to get on their 3G and Edge with no problems.

NOTE: I don't have an unlocked phone, so I can't test. The information above is based on what friends/family with unlocked phones have done in the past. YYMV

3. 2FR35H

2FR35H Well-Known Member

1.Not sure
    2.More than likely not because OTA updates are by the carriers plus t-mo sends them over 3G of which AT&T with this phone does not happen.
    3.No
    4.Samsung if any definitely not AT&T seeing as its not an AT&T phone they wouldn't know anything on the phone.
    5.Just EDGE because the Phones band would have to support AT&T 3G network bands of which it does not. Only T-mobile
    6.Of course it would but thats if you are on T-Mobile.

4. bleufox99

bleufox99 Well-Known Member

5. CrisKenyon

CrisKenyon Member This Topic's Starter

thank you. guess i'll head over to the root section of this place.