• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unlocked bootload and CM10

Did you try building stock kernel and flashing it onto the firmware it's supposed to be flashed on???

Oh wait :banghead: LG locked the bootloader it was made for.

sammy your very confusing. this is the VS840 LG lucid forum....i believe everything we are doing only relates to the vs840. I think building ics from source breaks due to faulty or missing code from LG. If we can get ICS to boot coming from GB's unlocked boot using cwm....then unlocking the ICS boot loader is a few steps away.....

Reactions: sammyz
Upvote 0
sammy your very confusing. this is the VS840 LG lucid forum....i believe everything we are doing only relates to the vs840. I think building ics from source breaks due to faulty or missing code from LG. If we can get ICS to boot coming from GB's unlocked boot using cwm....then unlocking the ICS boot loader is a few steps away.....

I was trying to say flash the ics kernel with the ICS bootloader flashed.

Upvote 0
Just a quick update. I haven't forgotten about this project, but I'm at an absolute lose for finding kernel code that will boot and provide the correct video drivers. The hunt will continue.

this may not be what your looking for, but what about the display drivers qualcomm has for the adreno 220 for jelly bean here. would this be usefull?

Upvote 0
Hey Neph or anyone here... don't suppose you have the files needed to reprogram flash using qualcom too to get past a qhusb_dload brick? I have read about large support for this for HTC devices on the XDA forums... how much different can it be?
We have access to dload with buttons (download mode), so I don't know why you would need some program to get into it. If you mess up your aboot (which controls download mode), you'd be at full brick status anyways and you're phone wouldn't turn on.

Upvote 0
http://androidfiles.massivefilehost.com/lucid/lucid_kernel_beta4h.zip

If this doesn't keep adb, I'm at a loss as far as the init scripts are concerned.

adb doesn't connect, but after letting the phone sit plugged in for a few minutes it started to install drivers for the phone, it took to long for the drivers to install before it disconnected again. it did this about 3 times and that was it.

on a side note, what if the adb problems can be solved by modifying parts of CM rom.

Upvote 0
Does anyone know the partition table setup for the Lucid? Linux can't seem to find them in a ls /dev/. This is the only information I am missing for fixing the hard-brick caused by the fake rom upload.
I don't have the partition sizes, but here is what each partition is suppose to hold.
http://androidforums.com/lucid-all-things-root/667013-need-your-help-few-files.html#post5357181

Hopefully someone with a working Lucid can provide the actual partition sizes. Also, does re-flashing the OS with the .cab file fix anything for what you had happen, or is the nand that messed up?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones