Unlocked bootload and CM10

1. Neph81

Neph81 Well-Known Member

2. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

GB bootloader from which phone and which kernel source? LS840, MS840, or VZ840?
  3. Neph81

Neph81 Well-Known Member

VS840 for both. Unless someone is trying to test this out on a Connect or Viper and not telling me.
  4. dspl1236

dspl1236 Well-Known Member

Saxydroid has a lucid, his testing has been good.

I am just keeping overwatch. my lucid should be back any day from LG :rolleyes:
  5. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

Did you try building stock kernel and flashing it onto the firmware it's supposed to be flashed on???

Oh wait :banghead: LG locked the bootloader it was made for.
  6. dspl1236

dspl1236 Well-Known Member

sammy your very confusing. this is the VS840 LG lucid forum....i believe everything we are doing only relates to the vs840. I think building ics from source breaks due to faulty or missing code from LG. If we can get ICS to boot coming from GB's unlocked boot using cwm....then unlocking the ICS boot loader is a few steps away.....
    sammyz likes this.
  7. saxydroid

saxydroid Active Member

8. Neph81

Neph81 Well-Known Member

Ok, I'll mod 4e again and see what I can get. I'm doing some massive init clean up as well.
  9. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

I was trying to say flash the ics kernel with the ICS bootloader flashed.
    dspl1236 and saxydroid like this.
  10. Neph81

Neph81 Well-Known Member

Just a quick update. I haven't forgotten about this project, but I'm at an absolute lose for finding kernel code that will boot and provide the correct video drivers. The hunt will continue.
    dspl1236 likes this.
  11. saxydroid

saxydroid Active Member

this may not be what your looking for, but what about the display drivers qualcomm has for the adreno 220 for jelly bean here. would this be usefull?
  12. Neph81

Neph81 Well-Known Member

It's not the drivers I'm looking for, it's the kernel source. I need to find something that runs the msm8x60 chipset and runs at your 480x800 resolution.
  13. saxydroid

saxydroid Active Member

the tmobile mytouch 4g slide has the msm8260 with a resolution of 480x800, with cyanogen 10 running
    Neph81 likes this.
  14. Neph81

Neph81 Well-Known Member

They have a github, so this is encouraging. I'll download the source for the kernel and see how much of the hardware requirements match up.
    wiisixtyfour likes this.
  15. Neph81

Neph81 Well-Known Member

16. saxydroid

saxydroid Active Member

17. TheCheeze

TheCheeze Active Member

This still needs to be applied over the v4 on the previous page right?
  18. Neph81

Neph81 Well-Known Member

Correct. I'm not sure why ADB is not starting as it's hard coded to start at boot now and with no instructions to turn off. I'll post another version tonight with some of the previous settings put back in.
  19. TheCheeze

TheCheeze Active Member

Hey Neph or anyone here... don't suppose you have the files needed to reprogram flash using qualcom too to get past a qhusb_dload brick? I have read about large support for this for HTC devices on the XDA forums... how much different can it be?
  20. Neph81

Neph81 Well-Known Member

We have access to dload with buttons (download mode), so I don't know why you would need some program to get into it. If you mess up your aboot (which controls download mode), you'd be at full brick status anyways and you're phone wouldn't turn on.
  21. Neph81

Neph81 Well-Known Member

22. saxydroid

saxydroid Active Member

adb doesn't connect, but after letting the phone sit plugged in for a few minutes it started to install drivers for the phone, it took to long for the drivers to install before it disconnected again. it did this about 3 times and that was it.

on a side note, what if the adb problems can be solved by modifying parts of CM rom.
  23. TheCheeze

TheCheeze Active Member

Does anyone know the partition table setup for the Lucid? Linux can't seem to find them in a ls /dev/. This is the only information I am missing for fixing the hard-brick caused by the fake rom upload.
  24. Neph81

Neph81 Well-Known Member

I don't have the partition sizes, but here is what each partition is suppose to hold.
    http://androidforums.com/lucid-all-things-root/667013-need-your-help-few-files.html#post5357181

Hopefully someone with a working Lucid can provide the actual partition sizes. Also, does re-flashing the OS with the .cab file fix anything for what you had happen, or is the nand that messed up?
  25. Neph81

Neph81 Well-Known Member

P.S. , the actual command you want to run in ADB is "cat /proc/partitions" . That will list all the partitions and their sizes.