1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

unlocked bootloader

1. HoUdInI

HoUdInI Well-Known Member

Does this phone have a unlocked bootloader yet? or recovery

And yes i have looked all over all i can find is stuff about big knox crap.. nothing about bootloader and recovery.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Up to 4.2, it had an unlocked bootloader. From 4.3 on, it has a locked bootloader, and you cn't install a custom recovery or flash a custom ROM.
  3. HoUdInI

OK last question.... If I buy a new out of the box note 3 today it would come with 4.3 or 4.4...Is there a way to revert back to 4.2?
  4. asianflavor

asianflavor New Member

This is the T-MO Note 3 section, correct. The Note 3 only came with 4.3 and the T-MO variant comes with a unlocked bootloader.
  5. pandacookie

pandacookie Panda-riffic! Guide

The Note 3 was released with 4.3 (Jellybean). The T Mobile version does have an unlocked bootloader. And you CAN flash custom roms, recoveries, and kernels. The Note 3 never had 4.2.
  6. sanjsrik

sanjsrik Well-Known Member

Why is it "big knox crap"? The entire point that people ARE talking about knox is because if you have a T-Mobile phone the speculation is that IF you trip knox you'll void warranty. Which is why so many are trying to use Kango or something else to root and NOT trip knox.

You're welcome to root, flash a custom recovery, and a custom ROm, however, you will trip knox. Not sure what that will mean if/when you try to trade teh device back in. YMMV.
  7. HoUdInI

Well i got it with 4.3 and it is rooted and has recovery...and working with wicked rom thanks peeps for the responses...