• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Unlocked Cliq on ATT text message problem

I am using an unlocked Cliq on AT&T network. All my data works fine, but I'm having trouble with text messages. Normal texts come and go fine it seems, but I'm unable to send picture messages. I assume I'm also unable to receive picture messages, though I haven't specifically tested that. The bigger problem is a random text I keep getting. It comes from 11-216-116-11, and always says the same thing, "error invalid number please re-send using a valid 10 digit mobile number or valid short code." They always come in threes, and I always get them when I reboot the phone or sometimes they come randomly. Can anybody help with these issues?

11-216-116-11 I think is t-mobile my faves trying to make contact with t -mobile - Everyone that unlocked the cliq and is using it on another network gets that mesage. As for data It took me 2 weeks to get the settings right and here they are MMS WORKS!

AT&T -

Internet SettingsMMS SettingsAPN: wap.cingular
Proxy: [Leave Blank]
Port: [Leave Blank]
Username: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
Password: CINGULAR1
Server: [Leave Blank]MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
MMS Port: 80
MMS Protocol: [Leave Blank]
MCC: 310
MNC: 410

Upvote 0
With those settings Picture messages outgoing WORK! - As for the # Problem I only get it about 5 times everytime I restart the phone. After the 5th it stops . I have'nt confirmed that it is the my faves app doing it but it sure is a highly probable app that would do this.

I have nt rooted my Cliq Yet and probably won't, but if yours is make sure to delete all that T-mOBo CRAP and see what happens!

Upvote 0
I just got my Moto Cliq unlocked and i am using it on at&t and the only problem im having is figuring out where to change the settings...can anyone tell me exactly where to go...just got rid of my iphone 3g...kinda new. haha

Press on the bottom left Menu button->Settings->Wireless Controls->Mobile Networks->Access Point Names.

From there you can add an entirely new APN setting. Hope this helps!

Reactions: robbhein115
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones