• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unlocked Cliq recieving random texts?

jbudman92

Lurker
Mar 11, 2010
Hi, I finally was able to unlock my Cliq from the T-mobile network to the At&t network, and I can now make calls and text. I am recieving a text that says "122 Error Invalid Number. Please re-send using a valid 10 digit mobile number or valid short code. 0605040710000041637469766174653A64743D36", but I haven't even sent any text messages.. It started doing that right after I sucessfully unlocked the phone. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

uh oh...im thinking about unlocking my phone, but, afraid to if you guys are having problems. Any other problems u have with your Cliq's unlocked???

I've learned that I usually only get 3 random texts when I turn the phone on, and I will get one random text when I attempt to sign into AOL Instant Messenger using the I.M. app that comes with the phone. I would rather use the official AIM application anyways. I haven't had any problems with the phone other than the random texts that I described.
If you do not have a data plan with your carrier to access the internet, you have to be near a Wifi access point to set up the phone. There is no way to skip the Motoblur registration (your phone will only be able to do emergency calls until you register), and you have to have an internet connection to register.

The only other problem I have had with my cliq is the keyboard backlight no longer works for some reason. I did a lot of research online and this has nothing to do with the unlocking of the phone, it is just a problem that a whole bunch of cliq users are facing. Other than that, I would highly recommend unlocking this phone.
Hope I was able to help.

Upvote 0
I unlocked my cliq and used it on AT&T before i transferred over to t-mobile. I had these text messages and i read somewhere that it is my faves trying to sign in but failing to do so. It does go away if it is being used under T-Mobile service so its probably some type of service that the phone is unable to activate with AT&T.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones