• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help unlocked DInc2 won't connect to Page Plus Cellular after factory reset

Huntingrey

Lurker
Mar 12, 2014
Help, please!

My unlocked Verizon DInc2 was working just fine on Page Plus Cellular until yesterday when it froze. I pulled out and replaced the battery but then it began looping in start up (white HTC screen, white HTC w/quietly brilliant, red eye screen, black screen...repeat).

I only have a few months' use on the phone, so I figured a reboot wouldn't be that bad. I opened the safe mode menu (by pressing down Volume + Power button), chose Recovery - let it run - and when the red exclamation point came up I went into the second menu (both Volume buttons + Power button). I Wiped the Cache, followed it with the Factory Reset, and then Rebooted.

Now I have two problems:
1) The phone still freezes randomly or it won't wake from a black screen.

2) When I do get the home screen functional, I can't reconnect with Page Plus Cellular (dialed #22890 and also tried #22891); I keep getting Verizon. I've read that a factory reset shouldn't remove an unlock code, but who knows...?

Anyone have experience with either the continued freezing or how to reconnect with Page Plus?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones