• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Unlocked Galaxy S asking for SIM Network Unlock PIN

tolgaek

Lurker
Sep 18, 2011
I was using this phone with a canadian carrier called Koodo. The phone has T-Mobile stamp on it.. Anyways it is (or was) unlocked. I wanted to see if it would work with Wind (which uses a different frequency than Koodo, similar to T-Mobile i think)

And it worked on it but when i went back to Koodo sim, it asked for unlock PIN, then same happened when i went back to Wind.. It seems that the phone relocked itself somehow..

I heard somewhere that it might be something to do with radios but i don't know what that means..

How can I fix this?

EDIT: I found the solution posted below

Thanks

I fixed the problem on my own (basically by re-unlocking it).. So for all you people who found this thread from Google searches and ended up here.. Here's what i did (i never leave my questions on forums unanswered.. Don't you hate it when you find a thread on exactly what you are looking for and threadstarter just posts and says 'nvm i fixed it myself' without saying how... :)

Basically because of the network change, somehow phone locked itself, i used an app from the android market called "Samsung Galaxy S Unlock Tool" by DaGentooBoy, and once you open it, you hit settings button on phone and select 'Non-root' option (since mine was not rooted) and hopefully it will give you the Unfreeze and Unlock number... If it doesn't you can try the root option (but you need to root your android first)..

You can first put the unfreeze code in the pin then right after use the unlock code.. And it should work now.. Good luck

Reactions: nobleredone
Upvote 0
Almost all SIM Cards come with a default PIN. Any Customer Service Agent of your Service Provider would you able to provide you with the default PIN.

Unless, of course, you have changed your PIN after you bought the SIM. In such cases, the Customer Service would be able to reset it after a verification of your personal details.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones