• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help unlocked HTC Desire w/ Simple Mobile: Can't receive texts

Nica

Lurker
May 29, 2012
I have an unlocked T-mobile HTC Desire Z cell phone, with Simple mobile. I have unlimited talk, text, and web. I can make and receive calls, brows the web, and send txts,from my cell phone, but cannot receive texts. So I had to download an app called textfree. However, this app gave me another number so I had to give it to my contacts b/c that's the only way they can text me back and I can read the messages. Is there any way I can set my phone so that I can receive texts from the phone without using this app? It is pretty tedious having two cell phone numbers. Sometimes people call me on the txting number and send me texts on my actual cell phone number. I would love to only use my real cell phone number instead of that other one. Please any suggestions?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones