Unlocked Samsung Vibrant with AT&T service, no signal indoors yet 3-4 barsSupport

Last Updated:

1. cubensis

cubensis Member This Topic's Starter

I didn't see any rules about crossposting but this is the proper forum I guess sorry.

Can anyone give me some insight as to what is happening/going on with my service?

I am an AT&T customer, as well as my brother. I have an unlocked Vibrant, and he has a unlocked T-Mobile Blackberry. We get no signal in the house, his phone displays emergency only, and my phone, well it's a bit weird.
    YouTube - Samsung Galaxy S signal problems indoors.
    3-4 bars indoor but I can't make/receive any calls or texts. Once I drive out of the area my phone works fine.

I am not subscribed to any data services, and i am using the program APNdroid to block the connections. I called AT&T and they said to try an official AT&T branded phone.

I have an unlocked Nokia N82 and an unlocked Motofone F9 and neither of them work indoors. I put a T-mobile unlocked SIm inside and they all work fine. So maybe it is signal related? I know i am new here but someone help me out I have $10 for a decent, acceptable explanation, I am trying to avoid buying an AT&T phone just to test this theory out.

Advertisement
  2. slugger09

slugger09 Well-Known Member

Having same issue, did you ever find a cure?