• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unlocked Videotron or Wind SGS4 - model m919v on LTE networks

I acquired an m919v version (used by Videotron or Wind in Canada). If you unlock it and try to use on an LTE capable network like Rogers or Telus, it won't run on LTE. Videotron blocks or prevents the enabling of LTE through the settings.

I downloaded and installed this magic little app, not available on the Google Play Store, but through another discussion forum. This is an older version of Phone Info app that enables you select and activate your preferred network connection whether LTE, GSM, CDMA, etc....

Essentially this over-rides the device's 'limited settings' and permits you to choose LTE. Choose 'Device Information' to enable or disable LTE as you wish.

Attachments

• myc.phone.PhoneInfo-1.apk
    9 KB · Views: 268
I acquired an m919v version (used by Videotron or Wind in Canada). If you unlock it and try to use on an LTE capable network like Rogers or Telus, it won't run on LTE. Videotron blocks or prevents the enabling of LTE through the settings.

I downloaded and installed this magic little app, not available on the Google Play Store, but through another discussion forum. This is an older version of Phone Info app that enables you select and activate your preferred network connection whether LTE, GSM, CDMA, etc....

Essentially this over-rides the device's 'limited settings' and permits you to choose LTE. Choose 'Device Information' to enable or disable LTE as you wish.

Installed but cant open the file.?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones