• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Unlocking a Sprint and Verizon Sgs3

Hello everyone, this is my first post on this forum. I usually come here for info but I can't seem to find this on the internet. My dad has a Sprint Sgs3 that's white, I have a Verizon Sgs3 that's blue. Me and him want to trade because I want white and he wants blue lol. In both Sprint and Verizon stores, they don't have the color we want, I told him about unlocking and he said that he would if I can do that. So here is what I'm asking, can anyone tell me how to unlock these phones? Also this is the main question, IF I did unlock them, I have a SIM card and his phone does not. Would we be able to still switch phones and activate them to our regular carriers? Also his phone is on Android 4.1.2, my phone is on 4.2.2

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones