1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Unlocking advice for newbieSupport

1. Drich290195

Drich290195 Member

Hi guys I'm a total android novice , the mrs dad wants me too unlock his htc desire. Just after picking your brains on what I need to do this preferably for free. I believe everything is stock android on it never been updated. If you could point me in the direction of how to do this I would be very great full thanks guys

Advertisement
  2. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

Do you mean unlock so it can be used on another network? There's a piece of software that can do that, been posted a number of times here. Am on my phone with a low battery so not easy to search, but will post the link when I have a chance.
  3. Drich290195

Drich290195 Member

Thanks mate yeah to unlock to be used with any network if you could post it it would be a dream many thanks
  4. nicka3200

nicka3200 Well-Known Member

There is a sim unlock utility in the root toolbox. username is androidforums & the current password is at the end of the last page of that thread.
    Hadron likes this.
  5. Drich290195

Drich290195 Member

Thank you very much
  6. Drich290195

Drich290195 Member

hi downloaded the sim unlock utility whats the process how do i use it its not that clear what i need to do
  7. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

I think uncompress it and run it.

I believe it is the tool described in this XDA thread.
  8. Bazcabs

Bazcabs Well-Known Member

If on win 7/8 or vista then make sure you right click the .exe file and run as administrator. You will of course have to have installed any necessary drivers for your pc to talk to your phone
    Hadron likes this.