1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Unlocking an O2 Galaxy S and using on OrangeSupport

1. psychocandy

psychocandy Well-Known Member

I'm assuming its possible to unlock the Galaxy S to use on another network?

What other settings would I need then once I'd inserted my Orange Sim? Just the Orange WAP settings? How hard to do?

Advertisement
    :
  2. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

I think updating the firmware through kies will unlock the phone automatically. Pretty sweet glitch.

As for the settings... I thought the phone figures that out by itself? If not, you can always pop down to the shop and ask the people there.
  3. psychocandy

Anyone confirm thats an easy way to unlock?

Nah. You need the settings. Wife managed to delete all hers off her O2 galaxy and it didnt work. Put them back in manually and it does.

Now found all the settings on orange website.
  4. versp

versp Active Member

Let us know how this goes, it's very interesting from my point of view, especially because i bought mine sans contract.
  5. FadeFx

FadeFx Well-Known Member

did you test this? i cant imagine this works...

also one user reported that flashing to jp3 removed his simlock... so maybe you are right.
  6. xs56

xs56 Member

Hmmm, mine's on Vodafone contract and it came unlocked from new. I used my old Orange Sim in it for a week while waiting for the number port to take place. Used a different one in it again only last week.

It's my first completely network-unbranded phone for almost 8 years. Oh, the joy! :D

Agreed about manually entering network settings. It used to be a text message that would set phones up, but I prefer the manual method - nothing like being in complete control, eh.
  7. psychocandy

One I'm getting is going to be from O2. Wifes got hers now so might try it. I just assumed it'd be locked.