unlocking cdma hero, anyone know how?Support

1. JWOOD

JWOOD Member

does anyone know how to unlock a cdma htc hero on sprints network? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement
    :
  2. pwabbit

pwabbit Well-Known Member

If you mean rooting of the Hero, there is a sticky on this subject.
  3. JWOOD

JWOOD Member

i read the sticky on rooting my phone and it sounds great, what i was trying to find out is if this allows the phone onto any other networks?
  4. shawheim_a

shawheim_a Well-Known Member

from my understanding it would have to be flashed to run on other networks. if thats even possible.
  5. ElAguila

ElAguila Well-Known Member

It will only run on cdma networks. Since most other carriers use gsm you wouldn't be able to use it.
  6. djslimfm

djslimfm New Member

I Wish i could have the way ALSO to Unlock a CDMA phone to be able to flash it into any other CDMA carrier. Since where i live there are a few carries with CDMA technology
    Been looking evrywhere and it seems that CDMA has become so lets say... "old'? "odd"? or rare to see in most countries its hard to get info about CDMA type phones ;s
    <<<< got a HTC hero CDMA and looking how to unlock it so i can be able to put My carriers ROM?
    says invalid ID when trying to flash the phone :s
  7. missme

missme New Member

I have a TELUS HTC Hero, which I got unlocked to work on any network on the website http://HTCSimUnlock.com/

I am currently using it with a Rogers SIM card, and I have also used a Koodo and a Bell SIM card in the past with no problems.

Telus, Koodo, and Bell all use the same network, CDMA, and Rogers uses GSM, all carriers work on my unlocked Hero.;)
  8. JB in AZ

JB in AZ VIP Member VIP Member

phone
    :confused::confused:

I could be wrong, but my understanding is this: If the phone uses a SIM card, it is a GSM phone, which (unless it is a dual band phone, and the Sprint HTC Hero isn't) would eliminate it (that SIM card phone) from ever working on a CDMA network.

So your Hero is a SIM card version (GSM) NOT the CDMA version (Sprint Hero)...and shouldn't be able to work on a CDMA network.
  9. missme

missme New Member

The TELUS SIM Card gives clients access to TELUS&#8217; 3G+ network. It runs on their new HSPA network, the settings on the phone say it is using GSM/WCDMA auto scan.
  10. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

JB is correct. It's the HARDWARE that won't allow it to roam onto GSM networks as they are different frequencies that aren't supported by the CDMA Hero.

You can set your phone to look for the opposing network all day long and it won't do any good if you don't have the hardware on the phone to support it.
  11. andy_lowe02

andy_lowe02 New Member

Wrong! A Telus HTC Hero is a GSM version. It DOES NOT run on CDMA. The http://HTCSimUnlock.com website is only to unlock GSM,HTC phones,not CDMA. CDMA phones get flashed to other networks if you want to take your phone to another network. I've been on both sides of the river with GSM(Global System for Mobile Communications) on T-Mobile here in the U.S. and CDMA(Code-Division Multiple Access) on Sprint,Verizon,and Revol Wireless. Personally I prefer GSM but I'm not paying for a damn T-Mobile or AT&T account again,it's too much.Hope my info helped you out!
  12. JasonNmaria

JasonNmaria New Member

I just bought an HTC EVO that has been rooted..... what does that mean? I cant get my phone activated with its original carrier (sprint) How do I fix this? My phone is just stuck on a grey screen with with little words diagnaly across it....
  13. Lobo89

Lobo89 Well-Known Member

Phones are originally locked by the manufacturer/carrier to allow only limited access to the phone's internal memory. Rooting is essentially exploiting a weakness in the internal phone security to open up access to the previously locked portion of memory. This is the root directory, thus the phone has been rooted.

One of the issues with this is that the safeguards put in place by the OEM are no longer there and the user can screw up their phone more easily. It sounds like this is the case with your phone. Go to the root section of the HTC Evo subforum (links below, depends on which phone you have) and you should be able to get the help you need.

EVO 4G - All Things Root - Android Forums

EVO 3D - All Things Root - Android Forums

EVO Shift - All Things Root - Android Forums