• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unlocking direct to app rather than Home screen?

I haven't been able to find an answer to this, hoping someone here can help. As a recent convert from Apple, I am still getting used to the Android OS of my HTC One M8, so I'm not sure if this is an HTC One issue, or just something with the OS.

When I am using an app and I use the off button, or if the phone begins to hibernate, when I unlock the phone, I would like to return directly to the app I was using rather than having to go back to the home screen and re-open the app. Is there a setting or something I am missing that will allow me to do this?

Thanks

As long as you don't exit the app you are running or hit the back or home buttons you will go back to the app when you unlock the screen. Slug is talking about the lock screen settings, I prefer to let the phone lock and as long as I haven't pressed the home button I'll go right back to the app.

Upvote 0
Yes, I do the same thing as drowe above. Sometimes at work I will be browsing FB or reading Tapatalk and have to stop. I'll just tap the power button to kill the screen and then when done working, go ahead and either tap the power button or the doubletap on the screen, unlock it and I'm right where I left off.

Sometimes, I forget that I got interrupted by that pesky work and unlock my screen hours later and go, "What the heck is this here for?", lol.

good luck

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones