• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unlocking HTC Tattoo on Orange UK

Hello, thanks for the excellent work.

I have got as far as goldcarding my sd and then running RUU_Click_HTC_WWE_1.67.405.6_WWE_release_signed_NoDriver.exe from the desktop as detailed by Astroyboy7. Everything runs well until the the ROM update stops a couple of minutes in and comes up with the dialogue - "ERROR(131): customer ID Error. The ROM utility cannot update your Android phone. Please get the correct ROM Update utility"

Is this a problem with the goldcard?

Does the fact that I don't have a functioning sim in it yet have a baring?

Upvote 0
I ran RUU_Click_HTC_WWE_1.67.405.6_WWE_release_signed_No Driver.exe on my laptop at home with the HTC Tattoo (on Orange) connected via USB and (after entering my code from HTCCode.com) this successfully unlocked my phone so I could use my Three SIM! Thank you so much!

However, in the menu I do have a fair few Orange icons, like Orange Messenger, Orange Maps etc. Shouldn't the RUU have removed these? Have I gone wrong somewhere?

So far this has been the only way I've been able to unlock my phone, so I don't wanna go backwards, but if I could remove the Orange guff I'll be very grateful!

R.

Upvote 0
I have been bought a tattoo vhich was unlocked from vodafone, virgin sin in works for calls and text but no internet connection or won't find home wifi.
Spoke to virgin support even though they don't support this phone and discovered the internet connection is now switched off, had to type in a code from phone number area but had to leave for work and couldn't complete this any help greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones