Unlocking in my pocket trickSupport

Last Updated:

1. kersey

kersey Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I seem to have an amazing skill of managing to unlock my X10 in my trouser pockets without touching it...

This has happened a number of times but today was the best I managed to unlock the phone, change the keyboard to Korean and turn on the WiFi and return to the home screen without touching the phone and all in a matter of it being in my pocket for 10 mins :eek:.

Have you guys / gals got a practical alternative to the X10 lock screen without me needing to unlock a number of different screens to get to my home screen but something that I can rely on being locked.

Thanks in advance :p

Advertisement
  2. huntleth

huntleth Well-Known Member

I too have had this issue. It's not happened since I made a point every time I stopped using it to click the power button (even though I was 100% sure i'd locked the phone when it mysteriously tried to text jibberish to random numbers :().

I'm afraid I don't use any lock screen replacements, so I know i've not been any use. Although using the pattern lock would also fix the issue, but it is very annoying :p

3. kersey

Same here, from previous problems I always make sure it's locked by pressing the power button then pressing again to see it is locked and waiting for the screen to turn off but still it decides to play with my head :eek:

May try the pattern lock and see how that goes...cheers

4. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

My god what is going on in your trouser department:D:D

Have you considered a carrying case maybe!?

5. kersey

Ha Ha, excellent :D.

Not really a case person, don't really want any extra bulk in my pocket ;).

Just tried the pattern lock and not too much hassle really after accessing the swipe lock first...will let you know how me and my trousers get on :p

6. Metaz

Metaz Member

Haha I've been having the same problem at work. It unlocks, changes the keyboard to gibberish (which really amazed and confused me for a good 20 mins 'til I worked out how to fix it), texts in said gibberish to random contacts, and continues to open loads of apps, before returning to the home screen and I don't notice and the battery dies in minutes.

I solved the problem today by buying a sock/sleeve thing. Has a microfibre interior so when you pull the phone out is looks really clean and shiny :D. Close call though because I was standing outside my car making a call and left the sock on my car. Forgot it was there and drove off only to remember that I left it on there. Found it a while down the road lol!

Oh yeah, and I use the pattern unlock as the slide unlock, and somehow that didn't bother it in my pocket. ;)

7. manugray

manugray New Member

Had same problem at the weekend where i somehow managed to send jibberish messages to two people via my facebook account and changed my keyboard to half korean even tho i had locked the screen. Haven't put phone in pants pocket since!

8. Crash27

Crash27 Well-Known Member

LOL. yes I think this is a common problem, I to pull it out of my shirt pocket to find it on Rogers On Demand or a game playing. I think they need to invent a Sony X10 Pocket Protector......LOL

9. Gurba

Gurba Well-Known Member

I'm thinking that there are parts of your anatomy who tries to reacquaint itself with your ex. :D You should check your pockets for holes.

10. KingDong

KingDong Well-Known Member

I always get the problem with it changing to the Korean keyboard when its in my pocket ><.

11. scorpion100

scorpion100 Well-Known Member

even worse in my case,few weeks back and in my trouser pocket i managed to download three

12. RAND0M1ZER

RAND0M1ZER Well-Known Member

I also have problems with it staying locked, the worst is when you find out the screen has been on in your pocket for a couple hours and almost killed the battery.

13. dpk0875

dpk0875 Active Member

so it isnt just me having this problem..

i used to have a pattern lock way back which i liked very much but i also used to have zagg invisibleshield installed on my x10. the texture of the invisibleshield isn't as smooth as the factory supplied screen protector and fingerprint left on screen used to make it impossible to use pattern lock any more

so once i got rid of the pattern lock, i started having the pocket magic happen quite often.. one time i found out i opened a game and the links within the game that lead me to buy a bunch of other games by the same developer:p.. good thing for such a leniency in uninstall and refund system in android market

no more pocket magic these days though, im happy to say. the best trick, i find is when you put your phone in your pocket you face the screen away from your body - the screen won't have any contact with skin...better chance of cracking the screen when hit with something tho... you win some and lose some...

14. Merolas

Merolas Well-Known Member

Something weird hapened to my phone today. I was driving and the phone was on the passenger seat the phone was double locked with slide and pattern. When i took off a random redlight the phone sled to the bottom of the seat and unlocked itself just by magic and went to the home screen it didn't done anything but the fact that it unlocked by itself it just weird

15. dpk0875

dpk0875 Active Member

you have an app that unlocks your phone if you drive to fast??..jk

16. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

See I knew that my black hole of a handbag was useful for something and my beautiful case.

You boys and your capacitive 'styluses / styli' perhaps a nice tight pair of y fronts is what you need:eek:

17. Brumbjorn

Brumbjorn Active Member

Is there an app to turn off Home button screen unlock?

18. sarah977

sarah977 New Member

i have same problem it unlocks sends random texts and starts dialing or opening apps is there anything i can do took it back to 02 and they said they never heard of that problem