Unlocking my phone with swipeSupport

1. Joey76

Joey76 Well-Known Member

Ok so I was wondering if there is a way to swipe the screen to wake the phone up to them unlock.

I have a pin and need to press the home button or power button to wake the screen up then swipe and press the pin.

What I would like to do as my home button is starting to get some play in it and isnt as firm as it used to be is whether I can have my phone be woken up by swiping it. then put my pin in without pressing any hard buttons.

thanks

Advertisement
    :
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

I've seen this feature added to a custom kernel (Siyah for the international version only) but its not a standard feature.

The problem with this is when your screen goes off, the digitiser (the part of the "screen" that interprets touch input) is turned off to save power. To have this feature, the digitiser would need to be fully powered on at all times, which could lead to a significant reduction of system up time (or "battery life").
  3. Joey76

Joey76 Well-Known Member

Ok thanks.

I was hoping to gie my home and power buttons a rest.

the home button is having some play in it after just 2 months.

Not very happy about it seeing as though its ion the top 5 % of phones on the market.
    Would expect this to happen maybe after 12 months...
  4. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

6 months and mines exactly as stiff as it was. If the button dies in you, its covered by warranty
  5. phil75231

phil75231 Well-Known Member

Heh.

I didn't say nothin'. :D
  6. Archex

Archex Member

Remember ... If it stays stiff for more than 4 hours call Tech Support immediately
  7. GTWalling

GTWalling Well-Known Member

That's what she said.