Unlocking phone goes directly to camera appSupport

Last Updated:

1. Aragorn

Aragorn Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Every once in a while when I unlock the phone it goes straight to the camera app. Any idea why this happens?

Advertisement
  2. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

Do you have a camera shortcut on your homescreen that you might be hitting?

3. Aragorn

Aragorn Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I do, but how is it possible that I'm hitting the shortcut while the phone is still locked?

4. shazam27

shazam27 New Member

it may be how you are holding the device...finger tips may be wrapping around the phone too far. Try unlocking it while it sits on a table or something, and use a finger finger to swipe the unlock.

5. snowscum

snowscum Active Member

Mine just started doing this as well. I have no idea why. No i am not hitting the camera short cut on the swipe. Seems odd that is just started today.

6. cr74mz

cr74mz Member

I've noticed that sometimes as I go to lock my phone, I'll accidentally press the + symbol on the bottom right side of the screen. When they are pressed at the same time, the Add to home menu will be open when I unlock my phone again. If I press the + symbol before locking the phone, the phone will unlock to the home screen. I've noticed the camera app works the same way, however the camera app will remain open, even after locking the screen.

Try taking the shortcut off of your home screen and see if you can replicate the issue.