Unlocking phoneSupport

1. zuben el genub

zuben el genub Well-Known Member

I've read the information as far as it goes. Most of it stops with the code once you get it.
    I saw one post saying that you have to stick in a non-carrier SIM to put the code in.
    So what are the instructions AFTER you get the code?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. gremlin007

gremlin007 Member

I just unlocked mine yesterday. You need root and buy the Galaxy S Unlock PRO. The pro version can unlock the 4g SGS. It worked for me. The app is about 5$ I think. Good luck!.

There's another method on xda forum, using a hex editor and it's a bit more complicated. Look it up if you want a free method. It could mess up your phone though. I rooted with SuperOneClickRoot
  3. zuben el genub

I rooted the phone just after that post. Used super one click. Put on Titanium and just froze all the crap. I haven't bothered with a new ROM. I've got all the apps I use on the SD card anyway. Facebook, twitter, doubletwist just offended me. I'm using it as a PDA. The screen is super and the processor is fast. I can get 4G, but usually use wifi.
  4. gremlin007

gremlin007 Member

Did you manage to unlock it? If you have the unlock code, just stick a sim card from another carrier in and it'll ask you for it to unlock and then just reboot your phone.
  5. zuben el genub

It's also unlocked. We have a couple of geeks in town that do it. Didn't charge me, either. I just didn't have another SIM.