1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

General Unlocking the Bootloader

1. the_crevis

the_crevis New Member

Hi, any progress with unlocking our device's bootloader? Am I right in thinking that the g pads software is very similar to that of the g2? Could we not use methods for that device? I just wanted to get some discussion going.

Here is the email I sent LG:

" Hi there,

I am enquiring on behalf of many other v500 (LG G Pad 8.3) users as to whether it would be possible for you to provide a way to unlock this device's bootloader. Many other manufacturers provide a way to do this (HTC, Sony etc) and I believe it would be positive for LG to likewise provide a tool. It certainly would please and greatly help users such as I, who like to contribute to open source Android and hence flash custom firmware.

Thank you in advance,

Ben."

Update: We can use Loki to bypass the bootloader, we just need the dev to port the tool to our device! All that needs to be done is for someone to provide the build number and a copy of the aboot partition to him in this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2358871 - will do this once my device has arrived (still in the post).

Advertisement
    KOLIO likes this.