• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unlocking with menu button.

GAZ082

Oct 4, 2009
Hi guys. This is a copy of a thread shown in Milestone. Sadly, that forum does not have so much traffic as this one, so i'll give a try (please Admins, dont be pissed off!).

Hi Android guys I grew tired of unlocking with the power button so I checked the manual, which says that, alternatively, you may unlock the phone pressing the Menu button. The thing is, it does not work! I short pressed it, long pressed it and all the other 3 buttons, with no result.

Any tip about this regard? I'm sick tired of the power button unlock as i dont want to break it :p

Thanks!

I just got my Droid today and found it very unhandy to to unlock it with the power button also. Luckily, I found that simply opening the slider keyboard will do the trick too.

It's something that you get used to. It seemed awkward to me at first too, but it's really not that bad after you've had the phone for a while. I would like to have another option, but it's definitely not something that bothers me on a regular basis.

Upvote 0
I for one wouldnt want this option. It seems if you could unlock it just by hitting menu button it would be more likely to unlock when its in my pocket.

The only way to activate a capacitive screen is with the naked hand. If you put your hands a lot in your pockets with no globes, you a right, but i dont :)

I think this would be very very handy.

Anyway, thank guys,

Upvote 0
The only way to activate a capacitive screen is with the naked hand. If you put your hands a lot in your pockets with no globes, you a right, but i dont :)

I think this would be very very handy.

Anyway, thank guys,

Well my screen works with the hand covered. i can activate my screen through my pocket as well as through a tshirt. This is why I have to make sure it is asleep before I clean it.

Upvote 0
I don't like the menu key to unlock the phone.
I may do some accident calls just for having my phone inside the pocket.
Other problem is if I want to quickly put it on silent mode when I have the slide patern mode feature active to unlock the phone.
I wonder why I can't have just the slide right to unlock and the menu key would only be used for the menu context?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones