unlocking x 10 helpSupport

Last Updated:

1. jonseyboi

jonseyboi New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi everybody,
    I am new to both android and this forum but am loving them both so far . I want to unlock my x 10 i so I can change operator and I will be able to get 2.1 update from se instead of having for my operator to filter it through. Can anyone advise as to how to do it or where to find the software to do it, any help gratefully recived
    Thanks

Advertisement
  2. gunny5821

gunny5821 Well-Known Member

jonseyboi likes this.
  3. BingoRingo

BingoRingo Well-Known Member

Hi Jonseyboi

Unlocking your phone will not give you access to the updates anytime sooner, it will let you use a SIM card from another carrier. To unlock your phone you need to get the code (it costs money, shop around!) and a SIM card from another carrier.

What you want to do is called debranding. It is possible and very easy to do, you need SEUS (Sony Ericsson Update Service) and a Windows PC or a Mac with BootCamp installed.

You can find the instructions here: Debrand your Xperia X10 [Tutorial] | Xperia X10 Blog

Let me know if you need help. Make sure you follow the instructions and it will be easy, you might have to start 2-3 times though, but no damage can be inflicted to your phone.

4. jonseyboi

jonseyboi New Member This Topic's Starter

thanks for all your help guys job done .
    :)