• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unnecessary complaining!!

IMO rooting isn't even worth it. I am a programmer and have absolutely no desire to gain root access. Its what my degree is in. The only interest I've ever had in it is the whole idea of rooting it seems a little fun. But when I realize most methods are "download this and this and click install" I am no longer excited. Call me weird but I realllly like the idea of post PC era. I don't even want to use a PC to help root. Ik there are a couple methods.. All the same idea. Download and click install... Meh. If that's all its going to be... I'll keep my warranty thank you...

Where I am rooting is a requirement if I wish to use Google's services with locally purchased Androids. Chinese app stores are a poor substitute. And Amazon is not available because I'm not in the United States. Also the lobotomized version of Android that comes with Oppos is awful, and has some serious bugs in it I found. Beautiful hardware, but Oppo's ColorOS sucks. A nice thing about Oppo, same with Meizu and Xiaomi, is that they don't void the warranty, and what's more they encourage and support rooting and custom ROMs on their own forums. I know Samsung won't do that.

Reactions: boyo1991
Upvote 0
If you are a UK citizen, can't you use Amazon UK?

Believe it or not I might actually be technically homeless in the UK at the moment. LOL I don't actually have a UK billing address. I got a prepaid UK Travellex MasterCard, but that's ran out of money, can't recharge it in mainland.

Anyway I'm coming back to UK next week for a break, staying with a friend. Use his address.

I didn't know Amazon operated a UK app store now. Think I tried Amazon before but was getting US only stuff.

Upvote 0
Where I am rooting is a requirement if I wish to use Google's services with locally purchased Androids. Chinese app stores are a poor substitute. And Amazon is not available because I'm not in the United States. Also the lobotomized version of Android that comes with Oppos is awful, and has some serious bugs in it I found. Beautiful hardware, but Oppo's ColorOS sucks. A nice thing about Oppo, same with Meizu and Xiaomi, is that they don't void the warranty, and what's more they encourage and support rooting and custom ROMs on their own forums. I know Samsung won't do that.

Yes ik your situation mike and its a different one than mine. In order to pretty much do anything you pretty much have no choice but to root :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones