• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[UNOFFICIAL] Android 2.2 (Chinese version) Update Instructions for Huawei Ascend

Silverkx2000

Jan 21, 2011
At Home
[ATTENTION: WE ARE HAVING TROUBLES PORTING IT TO METRO PHONES, PLEASE STAND BY AS WE ARE LOOKING INTO THE PROBLEM]

FROYO INSTALLATION GUIDE, PLEASE READ CAREFULLY

PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL UPDATE, YOU ARE DOING THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!!​

Couple of notes:
-After install, your phone will think it is the C8600, DONT PANIC, This is the Chinese version of the M860
-BEFORE INSTALL, PLEASE READ THE FIRST 3 STEPS OF PROGRAMMING...

Installation

//1) Prepare a capacity of more than 256MB SD card, it is recommended to use Sandisk, Kingstone, or Kingmax
//2) Formatting SD card (optional)
//3) Right-click software compression package, select extract to the current directory, unzip completed there will be a dload directory
//4) confirm the existence updata.app file dload directory and then copy the dload to the SD card root directory
//5) When the phone turned off, insert the SD card, press the hang up button + volume up button + power button, the phone automatically goes into upgrade mode, and then begin the upgrade.

Note:
1, from

Tw

So if if ive deleted things like canvas, live wallpaper, and voice search will i be fine?

I think so. Not sure though. I deleted Canvas also, but yesterday I flashed the original ROM just for the update and have everything back, including Canvas. However, the ROM thing is for sure. I had the mytouch 3g with the Cyanogen ROM and when the 2.2 update came, the update failed. This is why I will not be installing the Icarius ROM. Better safe than sorry.

Reactions: P1zz4guy
Upvote 0
PROGRAMMING

1) Go to the dialpad and type.. ##626*
The code you will type is...
MetroPCS users: 587846
Cricket users: 333333 (3 six times)

2) Write down your MDN, MIN, and CDMA Home SID, YOU WILL NEED THIS INFO!

3) Install Froyo...(instructions above)

4) After Install, you will need to press the dial pad, and type in.. *#*#2846579#*#*
From there you will need to click phone info set the network type to CDMA auto (PRL)

5) After that, You will need to repeat what you did before...
Go to the dialpad and type.. ##626*
The code you will type is...
MetroPCS users: 587846
Cricket users: 333333 (3 six times)

6) Insert your data and press "done" your phone will reset!

7) ENJOY!

Im having problems with step 4. after use the dail pad to type *#*#2846579#*#* i cant find an option it change phone info to CDMA, am i doing something wrong? :(:thinking:

Upvote 0
Im having problems with step 4. after use the dail pad to type *#*#2846579#*#* i cant find an option it change phone info to CDMA, am i doing something wrong? :(:thinking:

nope, im cricket.:(

WEll i did a little looking around on myascend,org and so other ppl are having the same problem as me programing the phone w/ cricket.

Oh well, i guess i just going to start re-installing z4, dl icarus and hold off awhile on messing with 2.2:(

Upvote 0
Reactions: P1zz4guy
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones