• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [UNOFFICIAL][CAF][4.4.4] Cyanogenmod 11 Stable Build 2 (tom1957's camcorder/hq youtube/green tint)

whoshotjr2006

Android Enthusiast
Jul 31, 2012
Ohio
PARTIALLY BASED UPON BAD_MOFO_33's CM11 CAF ROM

READ EVERYTHING BEFORE YOU CONTINUE ANY FURTHER!!!! DEV INFO IS IN 2ND POST.

NEWS:
Build updated again. Added tom1957's camcorder, green tint and hq youtube patch. Thanks! Also build updated to reflect a cyanogenmod's final cm11 source with stagefright patches and shouldnt be vulnerable to anything stagefright.

CHANGELOG:
031215: Got building source tree and first test build. First build with experimental led fix.
031315: Updated build with cyanogenmod led control under settings>display>notification led, battery led
031315-2: Another updated build with all the colors that are going to work working.
052315: New build up
052415: Led ring completely fixed.
052715: Fixed sms/mms.
052715: Fixed back camera on boost and virgin, going stable
052915: fixed fm radio
060515: governors tweaked to hopefully eliminate audio stuttering
061315: fixed double tap to wake, added Bad_MOFO_33's cm12.1 caf kernel
011116: added tom1957's patch, stagefright fix update, based upon final cm11 code

DISCLAIMER:
i do not force you to flash these roms. what you do is on you. ill try to help you, but do not blame me for anything, especially if something goes wrong. you know the risk, and if you dont know or understand something, then dont flash this rom.

TAKE A GOOD BACKUP WITH TWRP BEFORE FLASHING!

RECOMMENDED RECOVERY:
TWRP lollipop link:
http://androidforums.com/threads/recovery-twrp-2-8-5-0-lollipop.902943/

Working:
Anything that is not listed below

half working:
possible green camera tint, not confirmed with new build yet
NFC needs some fixup, waiting for logcats
Youtube: some videos work with HQ youtube, some dont. still looking into it.

not working:
ir blaster
you tell me

NOTE: Get a gps lock in stock rom or whichever rom you had before with working gps before you flash this. This is a quirk with many qcom based phones, if you dont get a lock before you flash this your gps probably wont work.

Flash the rom, then the gapps package of your choice (kitkat gapps) and then flash either the Virgin or Boost apn fix below.

Thanks to Mopedryder for both:

Virgin APN Fix:
http://androidforums.com/threads/mo...apn-fix-wip-cm-aosp-4-4-x.840298/#post6516416

Boost APN Fix:
http://androidforums.com/threads/mod-universal-boost-apn-fix-for-d2lte-builds-mod.840501/

Rom Download Link:
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24367857647223228

Last edited:
Yesterday when flash the rom the camera opened but did not appear the icon to bring back only the front camera, I'll flash the rom again and let you know
I get no option to put the camera back
Just open the cyanogenmod camera app, try to use the back camera. And while your doing it, take a logcat for me.
I get no option to put the back camera

Reactions: whoshotjr2006
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Flashed the VM APN fix and boom lte shows up and MMS received instantly!
I will check out light manager

Yeah it seems like the APN fixes are going to be mainstays from now on to support both boost and Virgin variants. I'd say from now on bet on flashing them with anything I release.

Upvote 0
Something odd I noticed, in the normal CM LED settings, pretty much any shade/color from the spectrum will work for the battery lights, but you can only use a few specific colors/shades for the notifications, and most others just show a solid white light. (Might also be worth noting that in Bad_MOFO_33's CM12 rom, in the light manager app I tried, nothing but the few specific shades for either notifications or the battery lights.)

Attachments

• 20150314_132743.jpg
    20150314_132743.jpg
    261.6 KB · Views: 170
  • 20150314_132821.jpg
    20150314_132821.jpg
    276.6 KB · Views: 171
Upvote 0
So is the rom not getting worked on?

It is. Just because I don't upload every day doesn't mean I'm not working on this in the background. I build and test every day, but only upload builds if something new works from now on. Once everything works, I'll probably run and post weekly builds.

I need someone to test gps. I can't even get my gps to work with bad_mofo's last cm11 like it used to, so I need you guys to tell me if it works and upload a logcat if you get a lock. I'll probably have to modify my device tree a bit and upload another test, but if someone can tell me with the newest posted that would be cool.

Also, please tell me if your successful which location setting your using, be it device only, battery saving, or high accuracy. It matters because device only is pure GPS which is what I'm concerned about, if you set it to battery saving or high accuracy its likely skipping the gps entirely and only using agps. Agps is good, but we need GPS working too.

Upvote 0
Something odd I noticed, in the normal CM LED settings, pretty much any shade/color from the spectrum will work for the battery lights, but you can only use a few specific colors/shades for the notifications, and most others just show a solid white light. (Might also be worth noting that in Bad_MOFO_33's CM12 rom, in the light manager app I tried, nothing but the few specific shades for either notifications or the battery lights.)

Nice catch. I'll look into it.

Upvote 0
Rear Camera does not work for me either. It doesn't work for CM11, CM12, and Candy. It only works on the stock ROMs

Something is funky for a small subset of users where rear camera doesn't work. It works fine for me and some others on cm11, 12 and omni. Sounds like a firmware issue.

I'm almost thinking those of you with rear camera problems should downgrade with lg tool back to zv3 and then use twrp and try again. If you do that, let me know what happens.

Reactions: jothe 1
Upvote 0
Something is funky for a small subset of users where rear camera doesn't work. It works fine for me and some others on cm11, 12 and omni. Sounds like a firmware issue.

I'm almost thinking those of you with rear camera problems should downgrade with lg tool back to zv3 and then use twrp and try again. If you do that, let me know what happens.
I reverted with the lg tool and my camera still won't work on any of those build. Reverted a couple of times actually when I lost lte .

Upvote 0
My volt was one of the ones hit by the no lte and flaky radio bug, so I'm currently on a tribute as a daily driver till the issue gets sorted out, so I can't test data, calling or MMS/SMS.

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95916177934545715

New build based upon bad_mofos cm12 kernel. Camera not working at all, but GPS and wallpaper bootloop fixed. Seems way more stable now. As usual, flash KitKat gapps and the APN fix for your carrier. Getting closer and closer to a fully working build.

Edit: don't mind the primary name in front of the ROM zip, its because I uploaded it from my volt.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones