• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Unofficial CWM 6.0.5.1 Stable

lgrootnoob

Oct 14, 2012
tx
It wipes your data!
Im not responsible for the loss of /data information or anything else you lose by loading this mod!
aka /data is wiped right before you boot into cwm. (Not my fault, blame lg for their BS)
Do a nandroid backup of /data before running the script or booting into cwm if you want to keep /data!
Github link
Install cwm
Plug your phone into the computer with proper drivers and usb debugging enabled
Make sure you have busybox installed on your phone, and you are rooted. This can be done with towelroot or framaroot.
Driver
And if that link doesnt work then navigate your way around here
External /data versions: (recommended with lucidian hacked download)
Extract this zip - Updated 9-23-14 Stable Release Version 1
Alternative download link
Internal /data version
Now double click the launch.bat file
After it finishes you should see this on you're device
Access cwm from power off:
To get into cwm while powered off use key combo Vol Down + Power until it asks if you want to factory reset.
Hit power button twice then cwm will boot.
Bugs/todo
https://github.com/lgrootnoob/android_device_lge_l1v/issues
update the kernel source to 3.4.103 patch in f2fs, backport governor fixes from the mainline. setup the ril files to work correctly with verizon, change from eng to userdebug
Questions:
Q: Will the /data wipe bug be fixed?
A: Hell yes! See https://github.com/lgrootnoob/android_device_lge_l1v/issues/6
Q: Why does my device no longer boot?
A: Idk, cause you aren't MLG enough? Use the driver i linked above in the unbricking guide
Or load the lucidian rom from cwm
Credits:
Actual credits go to me, rbheromax, playfulgod, the whole cyanogenmod team and contributors, Achilles for the driver, and the beautiful djrbliss.

Note that i updated cwm today to it's 1st Stable release.
Also Note, their will be a follow up Modded Lucidian rom to support my cwm's /data hack.

Today's cwm is now an external sd /data hack version.
If you want to use the internal sd one then go here (will add link tommorow along with lucidian link)
The following how to guide below is if you need to access /data in the internal recovery version or if you want to migrate to the new external sd version.

How to use either cwm:
Internal and external sd version: Use online nandroid backup to backup /data to the external sdcard (/storage/sdcard1) in clockworkmod recovery format. Reboot into my latest recovery and wait for it to create the necessary files on the sdcard.
Restore you're backup and the files will be copied into the new /data hack on the external sdcard.

Do this too on external sd /data hacked version: Install my modded version of the Lucidian rom (link hasnt been added yet because I havent made the rom yet)

The standard /data size will be 2gb. If you need a special build with more than 2gb of /data space then tell me.
About the /data hack:
Since internal data is wiped when you boot into cwm, i moved /data to the external sdcard in cwm.
Now that ive done this a modded rom is now required.
Lucidian will be modified accordingly and my cm11 build will also support this hack.
About the deneuter stock rom's sim card requirement hack:
On stock and stock based roms they require that you have an activated sim card to be able to use them.
If you dont have an activated sim card in the device than you wont be able to use the phone.
To remedy this, reboot back into recovery after installing lucidian or whatever stock based rom.
Or if you already booted into the rom and its asking for a sim card. press these buttons consecutively Volume up, volume down, back key, menu

Upvote 0
It wipes your data!
Im not responsible for the loss of /data information or anything else you lose by loading this mod!
aka /data is wiped right before you boot into cwm. (Not my fault, blame lg for their BS)
Do a nandroid backup of /data before running the script or booting into cwm if you want to keep /data!
Github link
Install cwm
Plug your phone into the computer with proper drivers and usb debugging enabled
Make sure you have busybox installed on your phone, and you are rooted. This can be done with towelroot or framaroot.
Driver
And if that link doesnt work then navigate your way around here
External /data versions: (recommended with lucidian hacked download)
Extract this zip - Updated 9-23-14 Stable Release Version 1
Alternative download link
Internal /data version
Now double click the launch.bat file
After it finishes you should see this on you're device
Access cwm from power off:
To get into cwm while powered off use key combo Vol Down + Power until it asks if you want to factory reset.
Hit power button twice then cwm will boot.
Bugs/todo
https://github.com/lgrootnoob/android_device_lge_l1v/issues
update the kernel source to 3.4.103 patch in f2fs, backport governor fixes from the mainline. setup the ril files to work correctly with verizon, change from eng to userdebug
Questions:
Q: Will the /data wipe bug be fixed?
A: Hell yes! See https://github.com/lgrootnoob/android_device_lge_l1v/issues/6
Q: Why does my device no longer boot?
A: Idk, cause you aren't MLG enough? Use the driver i linked above in the unbricking guide
Or load the lucidian rom from cwm
Credits:
Actual credits go to me, rbheromax, playfulgod, the whole cyanogenmod team and contributors, Achilles for the driver, and the beautiful djrbliss.

whats the difference between the internal data one and the other one

Upvote 0
FIX!!!!!

download the custom rom for this phone Xperion ROM - Android Creations

(thank Gametheory for the rom)

next put the rom on your external SD card

using the Root Browser App go into the zipped roms folders and go to /system then /app

find the apps.... LGVZWAppSetupWizard_JB.apk AND LGVZW SetupWizard_JB.apk AND SetupWizard.apk

Extract them

next using root Browser Paste them in /system /app

when asked click copy and replace

next set the permissions to owner read and write group read and others read at the bottom it should show rw-r--r-- 0644

reboot

then once booted got to settings then backup and reset and factory reset

NOTES: do not hard reset but doing the button combo also simply kdz updating will not fix your service neither will installing a fresh version of the rom...deleting /system in cwm wont work also

once restored go to your dialer and call *228 and reboot

Upvote 0
FIX!!!!!

download the custom rom for this phone Xperion ROM - Android Creations

(thank Gametheory for the rom)

next put the rom on your external SD card

using the Root Browser App go into the zipped roms folders and go to /system then /app

find the apps.... LGVZWAppSetupWizard_JB.apk AND LGVZW SetupWizard_JB.apk AND SetupWizard.apk

Extract them

next using root Browser Paste them in /system /app

when asked click copy and replace

next set the permissions to owner read and write group read and others read at the bottom it should show rw-r--r-- 0644

reboot

then once booted got to settings then backup and reset and factory reset

NOTES: do not hard reset but doing the button combo also simply kdz updating will not fix your service neither will installing a fresh version of the rom...deleting /system in cwm wont work also

once restored go to your dialer and call *228 and reboot

lel, i feel bad for removing those now. repacking internal recovery img EDIT: not repacking img cause suddenly my tools dont support ramdisk_offset, so it doesnt boot on repack

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones