• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [UNOFFICIAL] 5.0.2 SlimLP Alpha DEPRECATED!

M

Member1771050

60d97b83d354d6c1d6afee38721cc7f6.jpg

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

Download:
Alpha Build(s)

Google Apps / How to
our custom gapps and find downloads here.

- Internal memory disablers are in the same folder corresponding to release version.
Do not crossflash disablers between release versions, especially not across different custom roms.
- Superuser is bugged, just flash latest superSU (link in second post).
- "RRO layers" is a brand new theming engine (and more) that SlimRoms adopted.
How to install it and apply themes is described here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/official-layers-bitsyko-apps-rro-t3012172

Installation instructions - Follow these steps to the letter if you're about to install SlimRoms on your device.
First boot will take ~3-5 minutes, if you flash gapps, it goes up to ~10-15 minutes.

Important links:
slimroms.net - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.
Downloads - Download the gapps and other addons.
Slim FAQ
Kernel Source - The source of device's kernel.

Contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.
Google+
Twitter
Facebook
Forum

Disclaimer: SlimLP is currently in alpha stage. SlimRoms and I are not responsible for any damages to your device.

Thanks to:
SlimRoms developing team
@vm03 for setting up a device tree for L70

Last edited by a moderator:
Changelog:
- Fixed manual network search and select
- HW composer props for 8610
- Patched Mms to be compatible with Layers
- Changed DPI from 200 to 206 to improve general layout
- Memory performance optimizations
- Fixed CVE-2015-1465, CVE-2014-8160, CVE-2014-9683, CVE-2015-1420, CVE-2014-8173, CVE-2014-4943, CVE-2014-0196, CVE-2014-3153 vulnerabilities in kernel
- Fixed NFC (d320n)
- New GPS HAL lib's
- Enable KSM
- Performance profiles
20150320:
- New Adreno libs (userspace 3D drivers) - up to 20% faster 3D
- Reduced minimal system size for resized partitions
- Fixed Bluetooth mac address
- Fix in audiorouting (mic and headpnones)
20150309:
- Fixed RIL and data (thanks vm03)
- Fixed d325 systemui fc
20150202:
- Initial alpha release
Latest Slim Changelog - Read here if you want information on changes in latest build.

Bugs:
- Camera and flash for ms323
- Superuser (SlimLP's bug). Enable superuser in developer settings and flash latest superSU from here
- Versions other than d320, d320n, d325, ms323 might have their own bugs!

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Thank you for reporting :)
Yup, SlimLP is at its very beginning, just look at the status, it's alpha. Features will come as they update.
Course! :)
No, I totally get that. I mean, PA is lacking - CM is lacking - lacking is lacking. :p I know it'll be AMAZING in the future, but for now I'm snug and cozy in my PacRom place. ;D

Upvote 0
Rummaging through commits on vm's github, I found out what needs to be done to disable internal memory. However, I'll wait to see where Slim is going and if they'll add "move to SD option". For now, it will be this way. In the end, it's alpha build.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones