Unofficial Galaxy Nexus Wallpaper ThreadGeneral

1. Lw00d

Lw00d Well-Known Member

I figured we should have an official wallpaper thread. Wallpaper size is 1440 x 1280. what are some of your wallpapers going to be?

I'll start it off...

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

i will upload more.

Advertisement
    :
    GalaxyNexus likes this.
  2. Lw00d

Lw00d Well-Known Member

GalaxyNexus likes this.
  3. Rhystatic

Rhystatic Well-Known Member

Someone get one going for our Gnex's? Or is there a more universal one by size on the forums elsewhere?
    GalaxyNexus likes this.
  4. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Well-Known Member

Merged threads
    GalaxyNexus likes this.
  5. xzero425x

xzero425x Well-Known Member

I usually use wallbase.net for a bunch of wallpapers on my pc. they dont have 1440x1280 what would be the best res to use for my Gnex?
    GalaxyNexus likes this.
  6. BreckDroid

BreckDroid Well-Known Member

Is anyone feeling generous enough to make a University of Georgia wallpaper with a pure black background and old school Uga face in the center? It would be greatly appreciated.
    GalaxyNexus likes this.
  7. foo

foo Well-Known Member

thought it was 1280x720 ?

(if it is, here's one i like that i cropped to the above res)

[​IMG]
    GalaxyNexus and alostpacket like this.
  8. Vaetix

Vaetix Well-Known Member

Streets of Chicago
    [​IMG]
    2010 ZR1 and GalaxyNexus like this.
  9. nj02vette

nj02vette Well-Known Member

1280x720 is the visible screen resolution. But the wallpaper scrolls slightly each time you swipe to the sides.

So the real resolution for a proper 1:1 wallpaper is 1440x1280. However, any size above that should be able to be cropped by the phone. Haven't tried it yet, though.
    GalaxyNexus and foo like this.
  10. rexdog1888

rexdog1888 Well-Known Member

Let's post the wallpapers we're using.
    I'm just using one of the stock ones bit am looking for a better one.

Sorry didn't look back very far b4 postin
    GalaxyNexus likes this.
  11. DarbagDarbag

DarbagDarbag Well-Known Member

i pass thee torch to thy galaxy nexus wallpaper thread
    GalaxyNexus and BtBommer like this.
  12. cggorman

cggorman Well-Known Member

Android can scale most any reasonable sized image. I usually just do an image search on a topic or style with a size constraint of large or one of the smaller megapixel options.
    GalaxyNexus likes this.
  13. Senator!

Senator! Member

Good idea for a thread!

Post pics of the wallpapers, not the homescreens though....share the goodness!
    GalaxyNexus and foo like this.
  14. foo

foo Well-Known Member

Ya, let's try to keep wallpapers only here, if possible :)
    GalaxyNexus likes this.
  15. Accord281

Accord281 Member

1440x1280 is the proper width but it is too tall. I figured this out by making an image that size then setting the wallpaper. The cropper took some off the bottom. 1200 was still slightly too tall. I'm thinking 1180 should be just about the right height to grab the whole image. I ran out of time last night to try it though. But we should figure that out and then try to be consistent with image sizes.
    GalaxyNexus likes this.
  16. Toonz

Toonz Well-Known Member

I have a bunch of pics that I took of my phone and would like to use them as my wallpaper. I can't figure out how to get them to the perfect size. Any help??
    GalaxyNexus likes this.
  17. mrvirginia

mrvirginia Well-Known Member

on xda some were saying 1440x1184 but the correct size is indeed 1440x1280. i have some loaded on my phone now and i'm able to select the entire picture.
    further evidence of this being the correct size...
    /data/system/wallpaper_info.xml says 1440x1280 :)

edit: the 96 pixel diff is because of the software buttons. what this means is that the correct sized wallpaper at 1440x1280 is being cut off by the software buttons at 96 pixels. with this being said, to view an entire wallpaper without any being hidden by the software buttons, you'd need to crop an image to 1440x1184 and then add 96 blank pixels to the bottom. hope this makes sense.
  18. melantus

melantus Well-Known Member

Agreed I want know as well!
    GalaxyNexus likes this.
  19. melantus

melantus Well-Known Member

GalaxyNexus likes this.
  20. foo

foo Well-Known Member

21. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Well-Known Member

viperman2008 and foo like this.
  22. Accord281

Accord281 Member

Yeah that makes sense. Funny thing is, after reading this and trying it out, my cropper is acting differently now. If I use a 1440x1280, it allows me to select the whole thing. Oh well. Anyway, here is my contribution :)

[​IMG]

Here it is on my screen.

[​IMG]
    1barlog17 and esmith818 like this.
  23. RazorSharp

RazorSharp Well-Known Member

Mods, could we get this thread stickied, perhaps?
    foo likes this.
  24. Crayon

Crayon Well-Known Member

Stock wallpaper. It's the best i've seen out of all of these.
  25. Sergio526

Sergio526 New Member

In ICS on a 720x1280 screen with no hardware buttons (so HTC Rezound will have a bit of a wallpaper advantage after it updates) the bottom 96 pixels will be covered up by the softkeys. Likewise the top 50 pixels will be covered by the notification bar. The wallpaper is still there under these bars and only becomes visible when you dim the full screen clock (or at least until someone mods these bars to be transparent/semi-transparent).