[Unofficial] MetroPCS S4 Root Information Thread

1. rdrain1994

rdrain1994 Well-Known Member

I did that in goo manager a little earlier it downloaded and everything then i hit reboot recovery but it doesnt do nothing but give me a message. Then I tried to flash that file in goo manager but when I hit flash nothing happens there too. I'm still trying to post the picture also
  2. rdrain1994

OK here it is

Attached Files:

3. ARocker

ARocker Guides Guide

IDK man, lost of people have installed TWRP both ways with no issue. I've never heard anyone describe what youre seeing. Try the oudhs recovery or CWM.

Are you sure you have a MetroPCS S4?
  4. ARocker

ARocker Guides Guide

That looks like the stock recovery. Try flashing the CF Auto Root Via odin then try flashing TWRP.
  5. rdrain1994

It says it's for Android 4.2.2 does it matter if I'm on 4.3? Sorry I meant to quote your other reply.
  6. ARocker

ARocker Guides Guide

Shouldnt matter with the auto root.
  7. rdrain1994

OK where is the CF Auto Root zip?
  8. ARocker

ARocker Guides Guide

9. rdrain1994

10. ARocker

ARocker Guides Guide

Now try to install TWRP via goo manager
  11. rdrain1994

Got it. Now I'm following your other steps from earlier
  12. ARocker

ARocker Guides Guide

Good :)
  13. rdrain1994

14. ARocker

ARocker Guides Guide

You have to mess with the network settings. Take a look at the Network/APN Information section in the first post of this thread. You may need to input the apn info yourself. Its been a while since I flashed CM 11, sorry if I don't remember exactly.
  15. rdrain1994

Alright I got it working and I think this is my last problem when I try to swype on the stock keyboard it force closes.
  16. ARocker

ARocker Guides Guide

Dont know what to tell you about that. I dont use swipe. Try a different keyboard, like the google keyboard from playstore.
  17. rdrain1994

Thanks for all the help man
  18. ARocker

ARocker Guides Guide

19. rdrain1994

Since I'm rooted and can't get regular updates, is there any way to get around that when the kit kat touchwiz update comes out? Or must I wait until a rom comes out for it?
  20. ARocker

ARocker Guides Guide

Im sure there will be a way to apply the update when it comes for us. Having a rooted system may be an issue at first but keep in mind it wasn't long after we got the 4.3 update, that we had an odin flashable version and so in the end it root shouldnt be an issue.

There will also likely be a Tmobile rom of kit kat touchwiz for you to play with before we get our official update. I understand that att just got a leaked copy. It wont be long until you'll see a version of that leak that works for the Tmobile S4 and ours as well. Keep an eye out here and at xda.
  21. bsquirrell

bsquirrell Well-Known Member

This has probably been asked and answered, but I have looked and looked. My m919n is rooted, but with the stock rom, and I am still on 4.2.2, baseband mf2. I want to join the 21st century and upgrade to 4.3 and then Kitkat. I have read we can use tmobile roms, will this still enable me to get signal, wifi etc. Also will it install knox, I ve heard scary stories about that. Can someone lead me in the right direction . pretty please
  22. ARocker

ARocker Guides Guide

Tmobile 4.3 roms are your best bet but you'll need to have a custom recovery flashed as well as root. These custom roms dont come with the KNOX bootloader and most have been debloated, so the KNOX apps have been removed as well. Lastly, flashing the Tmobile 4.3 roms shouldn't change your signals or wifi or anything like that, though anything is possibile when you flash a rom.

There are some reliable 4.3 Tmobile roms in the first post of this thread that I have tested myself. You can flash one of these or go to xda and try some of them for yourself.

Have fun!!
  23. ARocker

ARocker Guides Guide

Try this one...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2545711
    bsquirrell likes this.
  24. bsquirrell

bsquirrell Well-Known Member

Thanks, that's all done, is there anything else I should do now? (all smiles)
  25. ARocker

ARocker Guides Guide

There's always stuff to try...Xposed framework and the Xposed modules let you customize touchwiz roms like the one you installed, very easily. I'll post a link in a sec...

http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?p=6076518

There are other roms to try as well like the CyanogenMod roms and AOKP roms, though they take a bit more to set up properly. Theres a link in the first post to a 4.4 kitkat version of CyanogenMod available that works very well.

You can also browse around the xda Tmobile S4 forums, they have lots of custom stuff to try.
    bsquirrell likes this.