<<<<<Unofficial OtterBox Defender Thread>>>>>Accessories

Last Updated:

1. money6891

money6891 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

This thread is for any news on the release of the Otterbox Defender for the HTC Droid Incredible. It will hopefully get the attention of enough people to e-mail the Otterbox company and ask about making the Defender case for the Incredble. If you visit this thread and have ANY interest at all about eventually purchasing this case, please e-mail Otterbox and ask them about making this case here:

Contact Information // OtterBox.com

For more information on the Otterbox Defender, see below:

YouTube - Otterbox Defender Review Apple iPhone 3g Case

YouTube - Otterbox Defender Series Drop Test

Defender Series Cases by OtterBox // OtterBox.com

I believe that an Otterbox Defender case would be the best way to protect our phones and keep them in perfect condition. The only way we'll get them to make these cases is if we all e-mail the company. If you have any questions, replies from the company, or new news about this case, simply post onto this thread and move us closer to our goal of being able to purchase an Otterbox Defender for the HTC Droid Incredible.

Advertisement
    askwhy likes this.
  2. hupkix

hupkix Active Member

Thank you for contacting Otter Products, LLC Customer Support.

Your request for assistance has been received. Case #114910 - "Droid Incredible" has been created for you. A member of our customer care team will respond to your case as soon as possible.

I will keep you updated...

biohazdan and money6891 like this.
  3. money6891

money6891 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for your time.

4. pixie06

pixie06 Active Member

I got the same message. :)

5. KillaKam

KillaKam Member

Same message a week before it came out when I requested it and I also just sent another one in. Defender & Commuter Requested also for the extended battery case cover and the stock one since they would need two different designs.

6. Nitecaller

Nitecaller Active Member

Called OtterBox Friday since I was getting Canned Messages. The Rep apologized and said that they too had to wait till April 29th to get their hands on an Incredible to R & D couldn't start till then. He said from what he was hearing they should be looking into a Defender and Commuter case but they probably would not be out for another 2 to 5 weeks.

Hopefully they will come out sooner then that.

I definitely want the Defender case after getting one for my wife's IPhone.

Now I just have to find something to use till then.

hope work was able to finally get mine ordered!

Zomb!e likes this.
  7. paimon.soror

paimon.soror Well-Known Member

I love otterbox cases. Used to have the Commuter for my storm 2, and my brother has the Commuter for his iphone 3gs. They both fit like a glove, and I hope that the one they make for the DI is like the one for the iphone. Its so slim and sleek that you cant even tell its there bulk wise. Well worth the cost (which i assume will be around 25-30)

8. C0bra K0mmander

C0bra K0mmander Well-Known Member

im hoping they come out with the commuter case for it

9. TrumpetMan

TrumpetMan Well-Known Member

I've never had one of these cases but they sure do look nice. When they come out I may pimp my Incredible with one of those blue ones. :D

10. paimon.soror

paimon.soror Well-Known Member

They truly are amazing. The soft coating is perfect, doesn't get stuck in the pockets, doesn't attact dust like a magnet like other cases. The hard coating is where all the magic happens, its sturdy, flexible, very protective. The case itself doesn't weigh a thing, and is so slim and streamlined that you barely notice its there.

My storm 2 cover was a tad thicker than the cover my bro has for his 3gs, but it was not a dealbreaker at all. Plus they ususally throw in a screen protector and a screen wipe (incase you dont already have a phantomskinz, zagg, etc)

11. travneal

travneal New Member

Hello everyone,

I just spoke with my cousins wife, who works for Otterbox here in Fort Collins for their marketing department. She told me that they will have the defender and commuter cases for the incredible in the next month, and I can hardly wait. I have already had mine jump from the holster I bought from Verizon.

askwhy and micahjamesnrcal like this.
  12. C0bra K0mmander

C0bra K0mmander Well-Known Member

Awesome. I can't wait for the commuter cases

13. micahjamesnrcal

micahjamesnrcal Member

please keep us posted !!! :D

14. BetterMost

BetterMost Banned

The commuter case would be fine for me..:)

15. Kyreba

Kyreba Active Member

Would this be the strongest best protecting case? I need to find something by June 5th. I'm going to be going to a concert & got party in the pit tickets! I need to do whatever I can to protect my Incredible from drops & drunks (oh yeah well that's me in both cases lol).

First name that came to mind was Otterbox but if there are any other options out right now I'm open. I'm not looking for style but protection for the occasion.

I'd really love something with a wrist strap. I had one on a phone eons ago & I never dropped that thing at concerts. Dropped it out of my hand plenty of times but it never hit the floor ;)

16. sandman423

sandman423 Active Member

I need a case before May 20th or June 4th.

I have been looking for a case to keep my Incredible safe. I want something that is not a screen protector but keeps the screen safe.

I never get why a lot of companies make Cases without protection on the front of the phone only the back..

Any ideas?

17. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

I emailed them last week. They basically just told me to keep an eye on their website.

18. CarlWinslo

CarlWinslo Member

intrested

19. ylexot

ylexot Well-Known Member

Probably because it is difficult to use a touch screen with a thick piece of plastic or silicone covering it. ;)

20. Mitch R.

Mitch R. Well-Known Member

I'll be buying the commuter case for the iPad, would love to have one for the Inc.

21. askwhy

askwhy Member

That's great news about the both case styles. I have always admired the Otterbox products, but never owned one before. I plan on getting both for my Incredible.

Also, fwiw, I live here in the Fort too -- less than a mile from the Otterbox distro center. One of my clients used to share the 3rd floor with them in an Old Town office building. Anyways, after seeing your post, I just had to toss a shout out to another Incredible owner here in Fort Collins...

Cheers!

22. whiskeyguy

whiskeyguy Well-Known Member

A question to those that use this on other phones... how tough is it to use the screen? I understand that you're going to loose some kind of responsiveness, and accept that, as I would get this for only recreational use (hiking, biking, camping, etc), but would like to know what your experience has been with other phones?

23. dvdivx

dvdivx Well-Known Member

If you are really going to use it camping it depends on where. In the desert providing it's not too hot out - fine. In the NW during rain season - not fine. I can imagine water would be a big problem.

24. whiskeyguy

whiskeyguy Well-Known Member

Would never expose my phone to rain. This is simply to prevent accidental falls, scrapes, dust, etc.

To clarify, I wasn't questioning the durability. Simply how easy it was to use the screen through the protective film? I stated the stuff about the activities I would use it for to explain that it wouldn't be an everyday case for me, just one to use in more "dangerous" settings.

25. sandman423

sandman423 Active Member

I have Defender Otterbox Case for my ipod Touch and Screen is just as responsive with case on as it is off.

I want this for my incredible...I like keeping my Expensive hardware safe.