Unofficial Sprint HTC EVO 4G Info

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. polkadots

polkadots Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So here's what we know...not much. There are a couple big events planned for the middle of the month in NYC and LA, and if we're lucky we'll get an official release date.

The final (official) specs would be nice too.

So, what else do we got?

Oh, and supersonic and SP - dudes, you're both welcome here too. :p

Advertisement
  2. S.meezy

S.meezy Well-Known Member

We also have headaches... Lol

3. UniqueNate

UniqueNate Well-Known Member

I think that's all we know as of now. I'm sure we will know more during the big event. Hopefully it will be some things that was never mentioned and never expected. Either way it shall be good news.

Yea, I have advil S.meezy

4. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

I think I'm taking a break until May 12th lol, I might just lurk :p

5. dylan88

dylan88 Well-Known Member

im in the same boat as you soflo. unless something comes up that i feel like talking about, i may just wait until the 12.

6. TheNorthernForest

TheNorthernForest Well-Known Member

Bottom line: It's your own fault if you believe what others say. This is not an attack to anyone in specific, but in general. Believe what you want to believe, but don't let the world know and condescend about how you disagree with information that is being passed around.

Speculations are fine, just don't force them onto people. And also don't overdo it, because people WILL begin to believe you; then it turns into a big argument when that speculation was thought of as an actual "truth-post" when it wasn't.

Which is why that thread is locked....temporarily.

Ultimately, nothing is official until Sprint or HTC or both says so. Period.

ajac09, avonne, mrk and 4 others like this.
  7. S.meezy

Everyone (EDIT: a lot of people are) is holding onto the 12th as the day all our prayers will be answered concerning more info on this phone, i hope we find something else out, otherwise it will be very bad for this forum...

8. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

Not for me. If I don't find anything out on that day it has no effect on my life. I'll just avoid this place.

9. UniqueNate

very true but let's not even talk about it. talking about it is just keeping it alive. i mean right when they closed it they both said sorry and a good question was asked about the packaging of the evo then bam closed.

so you guys think anything will come with it besides the charger/usb and micro sd card?

mrk, TheNorthernForest and ekt8750 like this.
  10. capthr

capthr Well-Known Member

I don't get it.The other thread is closed so this one is started. How does this help anything? It just moved everything here. Shutdown the the entire EVO Forum for a couple of days so the hotheads will hopefully go elsewhere or better yet grow up and change their attitude.

11. S.meezy

Very doubtful... Cost goes up, accessories bundled in the package go down... :/

TheNorthernForest likes this.
  12. TheNorthernForest

TheNorthernForest Well-Known Member

I honestly couldn't think of anything else that could come with this already perfect smartphone.

A carrying pouch would be nice. Oh, and a dock kit! I know that's asking for too much, though. Haha.

13. Slacker4Life

Slacker4Life Well-Known Member

I'm not too hopeful of anything else in the box, unfortunately, as Sprint has been including less goodies in each new phone box over the last couple of years.

14. polkadots

Shutdown the forum? Good grief. Let us continue our mindless banter, occasional ribbing of each other, and periodic speculation and rumor-mongering...if you don't like it feel free to not read it. It's really that simple.

15. skinnyguy

skinnyguy Well-Known Member

so what if.....

they release it on the 15th, this month?

if anything, they could be just waiting for the 12th to announce how their 4g cities is now much bigger with so-and-so cities coming online soon. after making the announcement, media blitz for a bit and just release it as soon as possible.

the media will focus mainly on the contest winners while everyone else can do their own blogging if they want, which only helps with the advertising.

16. UniqueNate

Yea, I don't expect much with it. Not that it would it kill it for me. idk I feel like lately the packaging has been skimp. I mean headphones could be sweet. That was standard for most of my phones. HTC anyways, but not now sometimes review packages get more lol smh. I always see them with with headphones.

17. eieio

eieio Well-Known Member

tickets for the movie would be nice

18. Trident

Trident VIP Member VIP Member

Here's my thoughts:
    The "official" thread was closed for a reason.. you guys needed a cool down period and the moderators needed some to clean it up a bit.
    It will reopen (at some point), that being said, there was no need to create this thread.

19. polkadots

A dock would be nice! I'm hoping to get a car mount as well.

20. UniqueNate

all i know is i will be happy with whatever date. either way before release day we will know before hand. if it's weeks or days before. carriers always let us know. i'm sure that day we will know the final say. that's how it goes usually

21. zaaye

zaaye Well-Known Member

Screensavers? Digital EVO stuff for your fb and other pages?

22. UniqueNate

yes it would be nice. i don't think a dock would come with it. maybe sold separate. all these phones now that use docks don't come with one. but hey, evo can be the first. i think that would bump up the price though. that is a valuable accessory.

23. zaaye

zaaye Well-Known Member

Now that would be great.:D

24. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Okay, we've tried the softly-softly approach and you've ignored that, so here's the hard-sell:

The "Official Sprint HTC EVO 4G Info" thread was closed for the reason given. This was a Moderator's decision based on a Guides request. Therefore any resurrection of this thread is "ignoring a staff warning" and liable to infraction.

Take time to chill out, and if/when more solid information becomes available then the original thread will be reopened.

Trident likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.