• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unpacked Event 4th Sept

MISS DIVA

Android Enthusiast
Apr 17, 2011
West Sussex, UK
Sammy have announced an Unpacked Event for 4th Sept. I love the clue

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1375708016775.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1375708016775.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 170
Since the Unpacked event is rumored to be having Samsung announce their smartwatch in conjunction with the Note 3, figured I'd post this rendering that was mentioned on the sammobile website:

[Concept] Here’s what the Samsung ‘Gear’ smartwatch could look like | SamMobile

There's the flexible screen. Out of all the smart watches I've seen, this is the most unique looking one yet...and actually has me very intrigued. Granted, I'm not big on wearing a watch, but should the Samsung smartwatch look similar, I'd consider buying.

Upvote 0
Not trying to make a big deal but there's 3 different boxes. Could it mean 3 versions? Three colors? We'll find out.

The Note 3 is supposed to come out in 3 different colors: Black, White, and Pink from what I've heard. I don't have the link, but a recent youtube video I watched explained that the pink version wouldn't be out until a few months after the phone is released meaning only the black and white versions would be available at first.

Upvote 0
The Note 3 is supposed to come out in 3 different colors: Black, White, and Pink from what I've heard. I don't have the link, but a recent youtube video I watched explained that the pink version wouldn't be out until a few months after the phone is released meaning only the black and white versions would be available at first.

I don't think there will be pink Note - blue,red, brown perhaps

Upvote 0
Anybody write down the dimensions? It went by too quickly, but they said it's the same width as the Note 2...so that's already a plus for me. But I want to know how much taller it is. The width and thickness were the #1 physical dimensions that I was most concerned with, but I'd like to see the overall comparisons/dimensions.

Upvote 0
Anybody write down the dimensions? It went by too quickly, but they said it's the same width as the Note 2...so that's already a plus for me. But I want to know how much taller it is. The width and thickness were the #1 physical dimensions that I was most concerned with, but I'd like to see the overall comparisons/dimensions.

Bigger but lighter
The Note 3 sports a 5.7-inch, full high-definition screen, a slight boost from the Note 2's 5.5-inch display. But despite the bigger screen, the Note 3 is thinner and lighter, measuring 8.3mm and weighing just 168g. It's easy to hold in one hand -- in terms of weight, anyway; you can't work the screen with one hand unless you're the hitchhiker with the massive thumbs from that Uma Thurman film.

Upvote 0
Bigger but lighter
The Note 3 sports a 5.7-inch, full high-definition screen, a slight boost from the Note 2's 5.5-inch display. But despite the bigger screen, the Note 3 is thinner and lighter, measuring 8.3mm and weighing just 168g. It's easy to hold in one hand -- in terms of weight, anyway; you can't work the screen with one hand unless you're the hitchhiker with the massive thumbs from that Uma Thurman film.

Thanks. They mentioned the dimensions early on in the event and I was too slow to write them down, prior to the visual moving on.

I know it's the same width, from what they mentioned in the event. I just want to see the height comparison. I got a quick glance of someone doing a size comparison at the end of the video, but couldn't tell the difference...so it seems to be very, very close in height.

I can operate my Note 2 with 1 hand. As long as the Note 3 isn't too much taller than the Note 2, I should be able to do the same with the Note 3. The physical dimensions were my first concern. 2nd concern is if Sprint offers the 64gb version. While I'd be happy with 32gb, not sure it'd be enough for me to upgrade this year.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones