1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Unplug Note when fully charged?Support

1. johnb41

johnb41 Well-Known Member

The Note notifies me when the battery is fully charged, and says:

"Battery fully charged. Unplug charger"

I was always told that it's impossible to overcharge modern gadgets as the battery has safeguards against damage. Is this still true for the Note? Or should I follow the advice and unplug once it's charged?

Advertisement
  2. sherri

sherri Well-Known Member

I feel than any device that can be put in a dock can be constantly charged. I put my OG Droid in a desk dock that is connected to power. When docked, phone charges. Same with car dock. Use charger to keep screen on for GPS. Haven't had a problem so far...
  3. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

Seidio recommends that when you first start using their batteries, that you charge them for a few hours "after" they reach full charge.
  4. johnb41

johnb41 Well-Known Member

Mine has been plugged in all day and at 100% for a few hours now. The back of the phone is not warm at all, so I assume there is nothing going on with the battery at this stage.
  5. Vicdude

Vicdude Well-Known Member

I think its more of an eco message rather than anything to do with not damaging the phone