Unplug & re-plug phone while charging ("Rain Dance") to get maximum?Support

Last Updated:

1. kjarrett

kjarrett Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. zemerick

zemerick Well-Known Member

I personally find the "Rain Dance" does nothing for my battery life. What does affect it, is charging while the phone is off ( or at least the last portion anyways. ) which is due to the way any Li-Ion battery charges, and the amount of power the phone uses while asleep. YMMV

PS: Yes, repeatedly unplugging and plugging in is what he means by "Rain Dance".

3. sail4fun201

sail4fun201 Well-Known Member

I read the best way to get the most out of your battery was to charge fully (overnight) and then turn it off and charge until the light turns green.

4. SeattleYanksFan

SeattleYanksFan Well-Known Member

My (stock) battery life is excellent without all these little tricks. I would be afraid of overcharging using this method. How about just turning down the brightness of the screen to 40% (still very bright) and stopping auto-sync on apps you don't use regularly. Works great for me.

5. curtisdr

curtisdr Well-Known Member

Unless there's something wrong with your battery, you shouldn't be able to overcharge it.

6. jakeh0

jakeh0 Well-Known Member

it works for me and is a noticeable difference

7. AnotherFatalEpic

AnotherFatalEpic Well-Known Member

Maybe it's called a "Rain Dance" because it's doing something crazy hoping for results based solely on faith?

On any note, I've got a Nexus One and the only thing that helped me a little was letting it drain all the way till it auto-shuts-off a few times and charging it all the way to 100% each time. My own "Rain Dance"

8. JCP SR

JCP SR Member

If you just unplug and go the battery seems to discharge very quickly but if you turn you phone off after completely charge you will notice the light will change from green to orange, then let the phone charge till the the light turns green again the battery will not discharge near as fast

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

9. burningembers

burningembers Well-Known Member

Using a battery monitor I notice that when doing the "Rain Dance", it stays at "MAX" for about 30-45 minutes longer than it would without, where it would normally drop to be about 93% in that same time.

However, I am not entirely convinced that I am seeing any actual uptime improvement - I think maybe my monitor is just getting confused.

Hard to say...but regardless, just ordered the 3500mAh from Seidio :)

10. brandnewfunk

brandnewfunk Member

Loving my shiny new DInc -- so new I'm only on my 4th full charge cycle. I tried the "rain dance" charging method for the first time last night. Charged to 100% while device was on, unplugged, then kept charging until light turned green.

Powered on the device and clicked on the home screen clock to open the Desk Clock, which originally had a % battery life indicator. But the indicator was only there for a split second, after which it disappeared and hasn't returned.

Has this happened to anyone else? If so, is there a fix? Aside from an app, is there any other way to see what % of my battery life is left?

Thanks.

11. slinky317

slinky317 Well-Known Member

This works for me. I keep the phone on at night, and when I unplug it in the morning, the battery goes down to about 93% almost instantly. However, I let it sit till it hits around 89% then I charge it again, and after it charges back up it stays at 100% and then discharges slowly like it should. With this method, the phone is at 86% with moderate use at 3:30pm EST after being unplugged (for the second time) at around 9:00am.