Unplugged for 12 hours and at 80%

Last Updated:

1. 8-Bit-Soldier

8-Bit-Soldier Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

:eek: :eek: :eek: You read that right! With medium usage today (texting, youtube, music playing) I am only at 80%!! That OTA gave a serious boost and let's hope my battery stays this good.

Advertisement
  2. Jbart15

Jbart15 Well-Known Member

I still haven't gotten my ota...

3. 8-Bit-Soldier

8-Bit-Soldier Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

go to "about phone", then "Check for Software Updates"

4. Jbart15

Been doing that all day and finally got it! Pretty excited for the increase in battery performance especially since i got a 13 hour drive on friday from maine to maryland

5. socal2ks

socal2ks Well-Known Member

No car charger?

6. EKG

EKG Well-Known Member

Unplugged for about 15 hours, HEAVY usage (web browsing on it and playing music, downloading stuff ALL DAY LONG)...at 20% right now. I love this phone's battery!

7. Jbart15

Not when im all the way in the back seat.listen to music and playing baseball superstars

8. 10splaya22

10splaya22 Well-Known Member

Ehh...mine was better before the up date. It lasted for 15 hours and that was after I turned my phone off and the battery meter went way up like some people have seen.

Today I unplugged at 8:30 and was down to 5% by 6:30. About the same usage each day. I don't know why its worse

9. filtercubed

filtercubed Member

yeah im going to test my battery life again and see what I get on a normal basis. Do you have alot of widgets open?

10. ChiefHopper

ChiefHopper Well-Known Member

Unplugged for 19 hours and at 30% (or maybe ... you know it could be 39%).

Lot of longwinded phones calls, surfing and web reading reading, app installs and just general playing with the DX.

And oh yeah, have had bluetooth, wifi and gps turned on the entire 19 hours.

11. Rockaholic

Rockaholic Well-Known Member

This is all good news! Can't wait to see how my battery fares tomorrow!

12. doctajay

doctajay Well-Known Member

Unplugged for 16h 34m, with 51% Display, 37% voice calls, 11% cell standby, and 3% idle. This is quite bloody amazing. MUch better since the update.

13. Donnerschlag

Donnerschlag Member

I have been unplugged for 10hrs 12mins and still at 80%. I text a bit and used the market to download about 5 apps today, also used Google Maps.

My Eris would have been dead by now. Not sure how the DroidX does but I love it.

14. New ERA

New ERA Well-Known Member

installed the update this morning at 90%...after the 5 min of installing, the phone rebooted at 100%....4 hours later Im at 80%. The battery life def seems better after the update.

15. gibbga

gibbga Well-Known Member

I'm having the same experience. Before the update, I wasn't sure why so many people said it had great battery life. After the update though, I've been really impressed. I'm not a heavy user during the work week, since I've got internet access there and can do pretty much anything I want, but previously I'd end the day with anywhere from 10 to 30%. Yesterday I ended the day with 70%. It was nuts.

16. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Well-Known Member

Wow..I was fully charged at 8am and the battery is dead by 1:30..downloading some apps and some texting..thats it

17. labeledbass

labeledbass Well-Known Member

Yeah I've been reporting the battery life to a Verizon Rep that sold me my X (since they have to wait to get theres) and the absolute worse this battery will do is (at least on mine) - HEAVY usage, everything on and animated, 3-4 hours - 80%, NORMAL usage 4 hours - 90%, assuming it was probably above 90% since I haven't seen increments of 1% or 5% and it hung there for another hour or so. Coming from a 9530 user with only 200ma less thats awesome. I was so afraid of what the big screen was going to do with 2.1 comparing it to the Dinc's reviews.

18. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Well-Known Member

That doesn't seem very good at all, if I were to use mine heavily it would still last a lot longer than that.

19. mazz0310

mazz0310 Well-Known Member

9 Hrs -> At 70%, I'm happy with it, still think it could get better though. (And I think it will if we could ever get rid of all the bloatware)

20. thenew3

thenew3 Well-Known Member

I haven't installed the update yet (waiting to see if it will affect the ability to root).

But so far after being unplugged for 48 hours (yes 48 hours), I'm at 60%.
    first 36 hours I didn't get a chance to use it, it sat on my desk, powered on, syncing my personal and work email. I turned it on a couple of times to look at email. nothing heavyduty.

last 12 hours I've been messing with different launchers, different apps, and also been streaming pandora for about 3 hours now.
    Still showing 60% battery left.

Pretty impressive.
    way different from my first smartphone 7 years ago that had a 5 hour battery life (standby life) and didn't have ROM, only RAM, so if your battery died, you lose everything, you have to setup all your settings and reload all your apps again. :)

21. Garrett67

Garrett67 Well-Known Member

Did you restart the phone to install the update? You need to if you didn't.

22. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Well-Known Member

Yea I know. I installed weatherbug last night so maybe that was draining the battery.

23. just4747

just4747 Well-Known Member

Um what?

No way you and some of the others are getting battery life like this unless you don't touch the thing all day.

And supposedly having 70% after 9 hours, you think it can be better??! What the hell are you talking about..

24. bumpylemon

bumpylemon Well-Known Member

well i updated yesterday and today i was unplugged for 3 hours and at 15% with 3 calls made totaling 1min. 6 text messages. no music...no internet.....so i went into verizon and they gave me a new battery no questions asked...now we shall see. ever since my update my phone has been slow and sucky battery.....

25. bbuck002

bbuck002 Well-Known Member

i haven't noticed my battery being any better after the update. actually i just pulled off of the charger a little while ago at 90% and in less than an hour i'm down to 70%...i do have on wifi but it shouldn't kill the battery that fast!
    is weatherbug elite a poorly written app?