Unread email count won't clearSupport

Last Updated:

1. TheNextCompanion

TheNextCompanion Member This Topic's Starter

I looked pretty thoroughly and could not find anyone who addressed my particular issue so.....

I cannot get the unread email count to clear from the stock HTC email app. I have two exchange accounts set up and after I read the mail, whatever the unread count was just prior to my reading it sticks. It stays there until the next time I get email and then the new count stays there.

I've cleared the cache and rebooted. Anyone else have any ideas? It's not awful but it is kind of annoying. :mad:

Advertisement
  2. hookem

hookem Well-Known Member

Try uninstalling then reinstalling it.

TheNextCompanion likes this.
  3. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

It doesn't happen very often for me, but when it does I've found that turning the phone off and on clears it.

TheNextCompanion likes this.
  4. manny84

manny84 Well-Known Member

I've been having this same issue. How do you fix it? I've tried everything...

5. Lazerfingers

Lazerfingers New Member

I'm having the exact same problem with my new MyTouch4g. Like the OP I've tried everything I could think of and that is suggested here, all to no avail. Has a solution to this been found? (I'm using gmail and launcher pro, though the problem persists when I use other email servers and stock my sense)

6. Snerch

Snerch Well-Known Member

I have this problem often. I just remove the widget and then reinstall it on the home page and it works fine.

7. Lazerfingers

Lazerfingers New Member

I've got it attached to the menu bar at the bottom of my screen. I've tried deleting and replacing several times to no effect. This is really the only thing that annoys me about this phone and short of just not having an email icon on my screen at all, there doesn't seem to be a fix.

8. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

That little bug is all over the entire device spectrum, posted in Blackberry, iPhone, Android and Windows forums.

When I found that out I remedied the issue by temporarily shutting off network and wifi, uninstalling the email app/wildget after first clearing data in the application manager, shutting down the device and waiting for a few minutes, then booting up and normalizing the network, wifi and app/widget settings.

It was quite a regimen, but only had to do it a few times. Not yet on my Fascinate, but it happened on my Eris twice as I recall.

9. Lazerfingers

Lazerfingers New Member

How would you uninstall the widget when it's part of the phone's "custom" os . And the phone isn't rooted?