Unread message count in the notification bar stopped workingSupport

1. SteveO_148

SteveO_148 Active Member

I have a stock evo 3d and the unread message count stopped working about a month ago. The unread count on the shortcut works, but the one in the notification bar stopped working. It doesn't show at all just the message icon. I also have handcent installed. Should I uninstall handcent? Has anyone else had this issue?

Advertisement
  2. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

logically, you should uninstall the 3rd party program and then monitor. you cant successfully troubleshoot unless you bring the phone back to stock as much as possible--to rule out those 3rd party apps, etc.
  3. SteveO_148

SteveO_148 Active Member

I removed handcent and still no unread counts on the message icon in the notification bar. :-(
  4. marctronixx

removing the battery for 2 minutes. re install. re check.

maybe have someone send you a text message to test if you can clear it?

clear out any texts of course.
  5. SteveO_148

SteveO_148 Active Member

I just tried that and it didn't work... Thanks for the ideas.
  6. marctronixx

next step is a factory reset... :eek:
  7. SteveO_148

SteveO_148 Active Member

Thanks. I am actually reading and I have decided to root my phone anyway.
    marctronixx likes this.
  8. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™ Moderator

If you unsure about rooting, I would definitely do the FR Marc mentioned first, you will end up wiping everything if you root anyways, so doing a FR might save you some grief. ;)

If you do decide to root, make sure you make yourself a check list as I assume you are most likely on ICS with HBoot 1.58 so the process is a little more work then the HBoot 1.4, so let us know what you decide and we will guide you best we can. ;)