Unread messages count is wrong

1. digger

digger Active Member

Hi,

Having a weird problem where my phone constant displays 4 unread text messages.

A bit of background... I've been using custom Villaim roms for a few months now, have settled on 10.3. I use Handcent for my messaging but the stock messages app shows the same if I turn its notifications on.

When I first went down the custom route, I didn't import my MMS settings, so four people had sent me MMSes which weren't retrived and expirted. I recently added the correct settings, and my phone has tried to retrieve these four messages (which had subsequently expired)

I have done a full wipe on my phone, which cleared the issue, obviously. However, when I reimported my messages (using Fresh Kitchen), it brought back the four phantom messages.

I really really don't want to lose all my messages, but short of clearing my messages app data, is there another resolution to this problem?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

Hang on... What's the Fresh Kitchen? It was my understanding anything to do with Fresh was to do with the Sprint hero. But then you said you run VillainROM.... I guess you have a GSM hero, right?

(Sorry if this seems off topic to your post; we're constantly redirecting Sprint users to their seperate forum you see)

Welcome to the forum :)
  3. digger

digger Active Member

Nah, I use Fresh kitchen as just a GUI for the android SDK. I used it to back up the texts, screens and my custom dictionary every time I did a flash.

It's a UK G2-Touch (debranded since rooting, of course)