Unreceived Text MessagesSupport

Last Updated: 2013-08-05 04:35:32
  1. jimmyrocking

jimmyrocking Member

Hey, wondering if someone had this same issue. I really like the phone, but I have a problem where sometimes I don`t receive text messages that people send me. If I turn it on Airplane mode and then I turn it back on regular mode, they don

Advertisement
  2. docmosh

docmosh New Member

I signed up just to reply to this, I had the same problem a few months ago. Although the texts just never came. Fixed it now,the problem was an app. Can't remember exactly what it was called but It was either a file-manager and app installer, or an app to control startup programs once I uninstalled it I had no problems. Got a similar thing at the moment with calls, but I haven't had time to work out what app is causing the problem, just try uninstalling apps one at a time and see if it makes a difference
  3. jimmyrocking

jimmyrocking Member

Thanks for helping docmosh! I will try and see if that works. Hope you get the call issue sorted out.
  4. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

Just going through the posts and thought I would just ask you guys if you find out what app is causing problems could you pop back and let us know. It helps me answer similar queries or if people find this thread using search. Thanks!
  5. LadyHazy

LadyHazy New Member

Just stumbled across this little thread.

docmosh: Did you ever discover which app it was that caused the text messaging problem?

I've been having the same problem for quite a few months now and don't know where to start with the uninstalling...
  6. Sam-SonyXperia

Sam-SonyXperia Well-Known Member

There can actually be a numb er of reasons for this. Generally if it is an app it will be a task killer or similar application. However something to bear in ind is that the networks only keep unreceived messages on their servers for a set amount of time (this time will vary between networks) after which it is deleted and not able to be sent to the phone. With this being the case depending on how long the phone is off or in airplane mode, the messages may not come through at all.