Unresponsive script on forum locking up firefox

1. MacFett

MacFett Well-Known Member

I have been getting this message for the past two days making it impossible to use androidforums.com. I can't even have the tab open in the background and do other things.

I tried blocking in the script but then it caused problems with another page I use.

[​IMG]

Advertisement
    :
  2. TVictory

TVictory Well-Known Member

Can you link me to some example pages where you get this.
  3. MacFett

Any page on this site. If I am in another tab it will flip me back to the site with the pop-up I captured.

When I open blockable items in Adblockplus http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7.2/jquery.min.js is shown as blockable on every page I check on androidforums.com. Since I've posted it seems to have slowed down some. I am still getting the script error but not to the point of being unable to use firefox if I have an androidforum tab opened.
  4. TVictory

I am trying a few more things throughout the day, keep me posted, same goes for anyone else.
    MacFett likes this.
  5. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ # Moderator

TV,
    I was experiencing the same thing last night with Win7 (IE). Seems resolved now.
  6. Unforgiven

Unforgiven What does this button do? Moderator

I logged in with Firefox and had no issues. I'm not sure if you fixed anything as you had already posted here and I normally use Chrome.
  7. MacFett

It seems to be fine now. I haven't had any since my last post in this thread. I did update java before posting (an hour or two before hand). And have done nothing else to my browser or laptop since posting. If you did anything TVictory it fixed it. If you've done nothing it appears to have fixed it self.

Either way, yay!
  8. TVictory

I spent some time with the profiler and i could see a few places where the js could be improved. I think i got the number of cpu cycles down quite a bit for most pagest/threads.

Thanks for the input!
    MacFett likes this.
  9. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

I'm still getting this in firefox. I load up 3/4 tabs at once and get frozen out for a minute pretty much every time. I don't see an error message though.

Between that and the small font bug with chrome, browsing the forum is a real pain in the arse.
  10. Phases

Phases Community Manager Administrator

Remind me of this post of your Xyro when the hide bug is fixed.
  11. Xyro

Will do. I'll see if blocking everything with noscript helps until it's fixed.
  12. TVictory

Could you tell me what version of firefox you are using? Click Help->About Firefox
  13. Xyro

Alright, I'll do that next time I'm at my PC.

Turning on no script has fixed it, FWIW. I saw those error messages about unresponsive scripts too, as per the OP's post, although it was a few different ones rather than the same script every time. I'll try and reproduce it so I can tell you the exact ones.
  14. MacFett

Just for reference I am running v15.0 (and am in the beta channel).
  15. Xyro

14.0.1, release channel