Unresponsive U8650Support

Last Updated:

1. annemarigold

annemarigold Member

I'm away from home country so can't take my phone back to provider.

Needed to charge battery. Plugged in as usual. Has been temperamental in the past but always got going in the end. Not sure if charge has worked as cannot re-boot. Just stays on Yoigo logo and seems not to switch on or off! makes no difference if battery and/or SIM card in or out!

Will I have to wait until I get home or does anyone know a fix?

Advertisement
  2. Lebo

Lebo Well-Known Member

Can you get into recovery? (Turn device on holding power and volume+ for 10 seconds)
  3. annemarigold

annemarigold Member

No I still only have the yoigo logo.
  4. Lebo

Lebo Well-Known Member

remove the battery and plug it into a computer. If the computer detects it install the drivers and flash recovery.
  5. annemarigold

annemarigold Member

Thanks I'll try that
  6. annemarigold

annemarigold Member

I thought I had a huawei driver installed but I can't find it nor an official one on their site. Guess I'll have to wait until I get home.

Pity their site is so unfriendly!
  7. klsdream

klsdream Active Member

here is the adb Driver link:

ad Driver
  8. annemarigold

annemarigold Member

Thanks for that. I thought I had already installed it. Anyway had another go and this time it did install. Device is recognised as present but as an optical drive with no details!

Thanks for all the help anyway
  9. Lebo

Lebo Well-Known Member

This is normal. You should now be able to flash CWM recovery and then install a rom. (see instructions posted in all things root section of these forums)
  10. annemarigold

annemarigold Member

Thanks very much guys but you've taken me into realms I'm not familiar with. I used to be an IT pro but not any more!!

I can't find instructions detailed enough for me so I think I'll have to take it in to yoigo when I get home.

Thanks again, Anne